By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Fallout 3 flop?

Fallout 3 sold fairly well. There's probably a large number of hard to track PC version sales too.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Around the Network

Fallout 3 is awesome.

Slimebeast said:

lol

Fallout 3 did better than pretty much anyone expected.

4.7 million copies shipped.

3.3 million already sold on PS360 and with PC sales it's probably over 4 million.

And it still is sold for $60 everywhere which means retailers aren't desperate to get it off the shelves (this means it wasn't overshipped).

Fallout 3 has only been outsold by GTA4, CoD, Halo, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War and Guitar Hero in this gen on the PS360.

People still buy PC games?

I don't think it was a flop.

How in the WORLD, does a topic like this get 5 pages of posting, as I add more to it? Oh NVM...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
JRPG said:
Slimebeast said:

lol

3.3 million already sold on PS360 and with PC sales it's probably over 4 million.

And it still is sold for $60 everywhere which means retailers aren't desperate to get it off the shelves (this means it wasn't overshipped).

Fallout 3 has only been outsold by GTA4, CoD, Halo, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War and Guitar Hero in this gen on the PS360.

Lower prices, superior graphics/controls, infinite modability...we of the Master Race pity you poor Console Peasantry, and pray for the day you get out of that primordial mud you're in and begin to experience True Gaming.

noname2200 said:
JRPG said:
Slimebeast said:

lol

Lower prices, superior graphics/controls, infinite modability...we of the Master Race pity you poor Console Peasantry, and pray for the day you get out of that primordial mud you're in and begin to experience True Gaming.

I know you are speaking tongue-in-cheek, but some of us humble peasants used to participate of True Gaming and we like it better now ;)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

noname2200 said:
JRPG said:
Slimebeast said:

lol

What i meant was "People still pay for PC games?"

JRPG said:
noname2200 said:
JRPG said:
Slimebeast said:

lol

I personally doubt it, but according to Shio there's a lot of people who pay, just not very much lol.

JRPG said:
noname2200 said:
JRPG said:
Slimebeast said:

lol

Considering the PC version of Fallout 3 will probably outsell both console versions combined.... then yes.

PC gaming has been growing faster than console gaming. Just Ask EA's CEO.