By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BREAKING NEWS: LBP smashing EVERYONES expectations!!!!

You read right folks! LBP is smashing everyones expectations. No one thought this game would do so well. Everyone thought this game wouldn't even break 100k first week and 300k lifetime. 

We all know the game will most likly be great, but as history has taught us great=/= great sales.

Is there even a market for LBP? Will the game be a run away sucess? Lets take off our fanboy hats and really think about it.

I don't see this game doing very well. Who is the demographic for this game? Kids? Adults? Casual gamers? Hardcore gamers? Are there enough of that demographic on the PS3? Something just tells me that this game will not do well.

First week sales 100k

Life time 300k

Is 300k a flop for this game?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1225207

So the question is how did this game recieve such great sales? No one expected it.

Considering the doom and gloom, LBP is phenominal. Legs or not.

i think it is bigger than predicted, but considering the doom and gloom it is too good.

dude good try again but people were expecting tiny first week sales, including you, dmj and the like

so it is still above expectation,

yeah after the sales came in of week 0

a month before the release you guys acted like it would sell a couple in minutes

Overall while I absolutely love the graphics there isn't much behind it. I expect a average score of 65-80 on Metacritic.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1304456

Little Big Planet. the title everyone praised as a flop? A metacritic rating of 65? A mediocre game?

LBP is a Sucess!, considering the doom and gloom.
Get over it.

Around the Network

I don't think anyone expected it to sell that low

I am one day not online and I have a feeling I missed something huge;

@ max: no point in doing this. I thought you had some numbers or something, you're just being "yay, it's a great game, I'll just take the worst anti-predictions and prove them wrong. That must mean it's doing awesome".

papflesje said:
@ max: no point in doing this. I thought you had some numbers or something, you're just being "yay, it's a great game, I'll just take the worst anti-predictions and prove them wrong. That must mean it's doing awesome".

Don't you see everyones numbers I put in my OP? It exceeds everyones expectations!

Around the Network

There are fanboys everywhere, you linked to one, no one thought LPB would bomb the things has been hyped and advertised way to much for that it will be a million seller

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

you mean those two, one of which has already admitted he underestimated the critical acclaim LBP has gotten?

I think you need to learn the value of "everyone"

Stop making a fool of yourself and everyone who likes LBP.

papflesje said:

Before LBP got released:

A few PS3 fanboys thought it would be huge...   Now some X360 trolls are trolling the sales numbers.

Max is just doing the same but then With X360 fanboys who thought it would flop.

Anyway I don't really care.

I expected numbers too... I had to write random numbers on a sheet to quench the overwhelming deception feeling, your fault, Max!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Because you quoted one guy ?

I predicted 400k in it's 2nd NA week (AKA week 1, because of the headstart in some stores)
so it has defenitely not exceeded my expectations.

Good sales for a new IP. Mediocre sales considering the high scores + hyped 1st party game.