By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ace Combat 6: Over 500,000 downloads on XBL on E3 Week

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14096/Ace-Combat-6-Demo-Ruled-the-E3-Skies/

According to MS, AC6 was the #1 game download of MS's "bring it home". Im really, really suprised that it got THAT many downloads over E3 week.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Why wouldnt a game demo get that much downloads?

mM

A. It beat Blue Dragon.
B. Ninja Gaiden Sigma had just ~100k downloads in Japan the entire LTD before launch (as far as I can remember)...Big comparison of 7 days vs. an entire demo's timeframe.

Not only this, I just think 1/2m is just a massive number - thats about 10% of the US install base. Its mainly interesting because its a flight sim/arcade game, and not a normal pidgeonhole X360 game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I don't get why demos don't get 75% of the install base...I mean...they're free...maybe that's just my Dutch cheapness talking...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
I don't get why demos don't get 75% of the install base...I mean...they're free...maybe that's just my Dutch cheapness talking...

Maybe becuase they dont want to pay for xbox live.

mM
Around the Network

Is there some correlation between the number of downloads for a game and game sales? Anyway that is impressive.

leo-j said:
BenKenobi88 said:

You don't have to pay to download demos, so stop bashing the xbox.

mrstickball said:
A. It beat Blue Dragon.
B. Ninja Gaiden Sigma had just ~100k downloads in Japan the entire LTD before launch (as far as I can remember)...Big comparison of 7 days vs. an entire demo's timeframe.

Not only this, I just think 1/2m is just a massive number - thats about 10% of the US install base. Its mainly interesting because its a flight sim/arcade game, and not a normal pidgeonhole X360 game.

In japan.. Why dont you compare u.s vs u.s...dude seriously thats bein biased(you compared the lowest downloads of ninja gaiden with the highest for ace combat)

mM
tk1797 said:
leo-j said:
BenKenobi88 said:

sorry didnt mean to bash the 360.

mM
leo-j said:
tk1797 said:
leo-j said:
BenKenobi88 said:

sorry didnt mean to bash the 360.

I should have said that in a nicer manner. Anyway I just wanted clarify that you don't have to pay to download demos (well most demos, you need a gold account to play phantasy star).