By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ace Combat 6: Over 500,000 downloads on XBL on E3 Week

I don't download all the demos.

Many people don't ever go online with their consoles.

Didn't MS say 6 million live users, not 360 live just live overall ?

Around the Network
leo-j said:
mrstickball said:
A. It beat Blue Dragon.
B. Ninja Gaiden Sigma had just ~100k downloads in Japan the entire LTD before launch (as far as I can remember)...Big comparison of 7 days vs. an entire demo's timeframe.

Not only this, I just think 1/2m is just a massive number - thats about 10% of the US install base. Its mainly interesting because its a flight sim/arcade game, and not a normal pidgeonhole X360 game.

In japan.. Why dont you compare u.s vs u.s...dude seriously thats bein biased(you compared the lowest downloads of ninja gaiden with the highest for ace combat)

Um, because there are no tracking numbers available for anything involving downloaded content? I was just using the only number I can find. Why dont you go find XBL numbers and post them rather than attack me for posting the only numbers available.

As stated, there are around ~6m consoles on XBL, and AC4 has already been downloaded on 10% of them (did the AC6 demo even come out in PAL/Japan?).

I just think, and maybe its just me, that 500k is a massive number. If anyone would like to prove me wrong, feel free too, as I'd love to see/study more DLC numbers from the X360, or PSN, or VC.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

GT: HD has over 1million downloads over PSN, Sony said this during E3. I also think MS said there had been over 45mil game downloads over XBL.

PS3owner said:
GT: HD has over 1million downloads over PSN, Sony said this during E3. I also think MS said there had been over 45mil game downloads over XBL.

According to sony there have been 20million downloads in the ps network.Whcih is amazing looking at the install base at only 4 million.

mM
PS3owner said:

You can't really compare GT:HD to the AC6 demo though. GT is one of the biggest gaming franchises ever. I think the majority of PS3 owners that have gone online have downloaded it. It would be interseting to see how many downloads a Halo 3 demo got.

500k is very impressive. That means that over 1% of all downloads on XBL have been the AC6 demo. When you think of how much content is currently available it becomes aparent that this is probably the most popular Downlaod ever on XBL.

@Mrstickball, yes we got the AC6 demo. i just wish we could get the same video/music content as you guys.

Around the Network
Saiyar said:
PS3owner said:
I also think MS said there had been over 45mil game downloads over XBL.

500k is very impressive. That means that over 1% of all downloads on XBL have been the AC6 demo. When you think of how much content is currently available it becomes aparent that this is probably the most popular Downlaod ever on XBL.

So that's 500k Ace Combat downloads out of 45 million total demo downloads* (and that number is now higher as it's from E3 and doesn't include those 500k AC downloads and others like Harry Potter, The Darkness, and the new football games)?

Do they ever remove demos from XBL? I went on XBL just now, and there are currently 90 demos available.

So...

500 / 45,000 = 1.11% of downloads

1 / 90 = 1.11% of available demos

Considering a few of the demos are absolute crap (Tenchu Z, Surf's Up, Hour of Victory, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, etc.), AC being an average download isn't really at all impressive by itself. But I guess it could be impressive considering AC isn't a typical 360 game and because of how quickly it has passed 500k downloads. The demo is really quite good, I'm sure that number will be far higher by the time AC comes out in a few months.

*That's assuming those 45 million are all game demo downloads. Are they? Even if they are, does that include all the Arcade demos/trial games (currently 75 available)? That wouldn't be so bad, over 1% of downloads as one of 165 games. Or is that 45 million figure for ALL downloads: games, demos, and all other downloadable content including videos, themes and pictures? If it includes everything, the AC numbers are REALLY impressive.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

I believe the 45m downloads involve any transaction between the MS server (movie, game, demo, XBLA) and the consumer.

I believe thats the case, and why its huge.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The 45 million represents all downloads from xbla. So games, demos, music videos, themes and gamer pictures will be counted. Based on xbla UK that means there are over 500 items that can be downloaded.

To offer some perspective GTA:SA represents just over 1% of all PS2 games sold.

When you take these into account you can see why the numbers for AC6 are impressive.

It was a great demo. It was better than Blue Dragon frankly, I had more fun with it and I don't even play this type of game and Blue Dragon is one of my biggest games for this year.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!