By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just finished Gears of War 2.

Cueil said:
Sardauk said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Halo 3 has the most boring, droning, and absolutely uninspired campaign I've ever seen in any game. Then again, I felt the same way about the last 2 Halo games (even more so) and I don't play enough shooters to make a comparison. Gears of War 2 looks really fun, and it only pains me knowing how I'll have to choose with all the big games coming out during the holiday season.

True... HALO 3 was my first Halo game and I was severly disappointed by the campaign (still some impressive moments...).

what's funny is that someone would jump in at the end of a series and expect to enjoy the whole experience... Halo 3 wasn't build for you... it was build purely for the Halo fan... other people playing were just a by product

Yeaa but I was talking about the general impression of the game... you know, AI behaviors, enemy , scope of the mission. Not the story. The graphics is great but that isn't enough.

Don't get me wrong I loved Halo 3 thanks to the incredible multiplayer experience, but found the campaing a bit light ... (I did the legendary mode and fought my way to the grade of captain so ...  ).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
bbsin said:

Gears campaign > R2 campaign.

As a matter of fact, Gears2 campaign > all other shooter campaigns in this gen. (IMO)

Gears 2 was great, but not better then Bioshock, MGS4 or Uncharted.

I hear Halo 3 had a good story too. No clue however, as I have never played it (only MP over at friends houses).

Well, for Bioshock, the game got old at the end of the game and the final moments were a huge letdown.

MGS4 was great but I'd put that game in a "stealth action" genre rather than shooter because the pacing of campaign is completely different since I was sneaking around more than i was shooting.

And Uncharted did not have the level of presentation that Gears2 offered.

Not saying any of those games were bad, I love all of them and I actually think MGS4 is a better game than Gears2, but the way the Gears2 campaign was pieced together is pretty much as good as a shooter (that relies solely on killing as many as things as possible) can get.

Near the end of act 4!! This is good, but I have been underground for soooooooooo long!

i dont like the look of gears of war 2, thats just my opinion, i might pick it up when it gets into the 2 for £30 range at gamestation.

i have just watched the ign video review, they said online the locusts bots fly up in the air shooting upwards, thats very strange for a shooter.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I just finished the game about 1 hour and a half ago and I must say that this campaign was ****ing amazing. Great production values and camera work. Top notch work from the guys at EPIC. I should send them a basket of cookies or something. Horde mode is fantasticly fun as well.

Around the Network

Gears 2 is graphically breathtaking and freaking amazing. The underground levels with the flowing rivers, rock worms, and glowing mushrooms are the best environments I have ever seen. Even my wife, (who doesnt even care about graphics) was like "holy crap, that looks freaking amazing"! I had to stop repeatedly just to admire the area. The campaign is a blast and the multi-player is awesome. One of the best games this Gen, hands down (imo)!!

Just started act 5. My problem now is it does not feel very gearsy, but the second chapter is still extremely fun! (first chapter not so much)

So, overall, is it worth the hype?
11 hours for gameplay is pretty good.

personally, I got bored of Gears of War after couple of hours.  So I'm not planning to purchase it.

But that's what I thought about Mass Effect- purchased it recently and so far (only 1 hour) I'm loving it.

If I didn't really like Gears of War, should I stay away from GoW 2?

TheRealMafoo said:
bbsin said:

Gears campaign > R2 campaign.

As a matter of fact, Gears2 campaign > all other shooter campaigns in this gen. (IMO)

Gears 2 was great, but not better then Bioshock, MGS4 or Uncharted.

I hear Halo 3 had a good story too. No clue however, as I have never played it (only MP over at friends houses).

I dunno man, I think it was way better than Uncharted. It certainly wasn't better than Bioshock, or MGS4, but I think it was equal, and surpasses both in gameplay. Their narratives catch it up with Gears 2, though.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Having played both I enjoyed GeOW 2 much more compared to R2. Then again the Killzone 2 MP Beta trumps R2 and GeOW 2 which just makes me wish Sony pushed back R2 and not Killzone 2. :(