By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - We have GeoW 1st day sales, but what about RESISTANCE 2?

Ail said:
Lord_Yggdrassil said:
People are overestimating R2 by a longshot. It's not even the big FPS on the PS3...that's Killzone 2..R2 will struggle to hit 1 million anytime soon, it will be heavily overshadowed by COD during the winter even on PS3...It won't go near COD4(ps3 sales only) sales. Gears 2 is the 2nd biggest 360 exclusive, comparing sales is stupid, regardless of userbase. Plus who cares if R2 is a FPS? not all FPS are gauranteed good sales...look at Far cry ,

I wouldn't be surprised more PS3 owners buying LBP over R2 during the xmas period.

I'm not sure what kind of multiplayer KZ2 will have but I'm doubtfull it will be anything better than Resistance 2 Coop games which are really a blast.

Personally I might be a minority but I am really not that hyped about KZ2...

You should be.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Lord_Yggdrassil said:
People are overestimating R2 by a longshot. It's not even the big FPS on the PS3...that's Killzone 2..R2 will struggle to hit 1 million anytime soon, it will be heavily overshadowed by COD during the winter even on PS3...It won't go near COD4(ps3 sales only) sales. Gears 2 is the 2nd biggest 360 exclusive, comparing sales is stupid, regardless of userbase. Plus who cares if R2 is a FPS? not all FPS are gauranteed good sales...look at Far cry ,

I wouldn't be surprised more PS3 owners buying LBP over R2 during the xmas period.

Resistance 2 is a huge shooter on the ps3 developed by the best developer on the ps3, INSOMNIAC.

Its the 2nd biggest FPS on the ps3 secound to killzone 2.

One of the biggest AAA exclusives to come out on the ps3, and one of the best games on the ps3 IMO.

Also R1 sold 3.4million, R2 will sell 1 million in either 1st week or in 2 weeks.

mM