By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jaffe's Big News

Twisted Metal: Head On for the PS2 in 2008Whoopee.

Around the Network

is thais big news?????? im really dissapointed

I saw it coming.

I saw it coming but I had my bet on Twisted Metal on the PSN.... that was what they should have gone with.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

TM headOn winter 07

I could see a Twisted metal online only for PS3 from them.

Around the Network

I think the bigger news was that Jaffe is leaving Sony's internal studios at Santa Monica to form his own studio with Former Incognito head Scott Campbell. Their new studio will be based out of Utah and called "Eat, Sleep, Play Studios."

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14867

They have an agreement to do 3 games for Sony. Twisted Metal is not considered part of the deal. It's a port.

Curious why Sony didn't get them to port Twisted Metal to the PS3 ...

Wait, PS...2? Well that makes the most sense...they'll actually make a profit with a PS2 game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Not to mention Head On will likely be a rather cheap port, ala GTA ___ Stories, so it's pretty much a pure profit venture for them. Since the game is supposed to be decent, though, it's a good start. Gotta lead off with a cash-earning endeavor either way, though I'm still hoping to see a really good TM game on the PS3 already.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

PS2? Is it possible that the ps2 may last a full ten years even though it was a 5 year system?

mM

Well, it has steam enough to make it well into year 8 without giving up on America. Which, no doubt, is a big thorn in the sides of both the PSP and PS3 which are losing business to the old machine (though it's clearly not their biggest concern...)

You do not have the right to never be offended.