By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP is a SURESHOT Week "1" Million Seller WW!!

People can delude themselves all they want, but everyone knows had the game not been sold wrongly by retailers, the Week 1 number would be ~400k. If people like Maynard wanna drag this stupid argument out, fine. The only reason people care is because fanboys are gonna say later that the launch was crappier than it actually was. That's it really.

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
People can delude themselves all they want, but everyone knows had the game not been sold wrongly by retailers, the Week 1 number would be ~400k. If people like Maynard wanna drag this stupid argument out, fine. The only reason people care is because fanboys are gonna say later that the launch was crappier than it actually was. That's it really.

Unfortunately, we don't go by what "woulda" happened. The Wii "woulda" sold a million units this week if it wasn't supply constrained. It's Nintendo's fault that it was supply constrained. It's Sony's fauld that LBP was delayed, it's Sony's fault that such a thing happened.

Now, let me explain my stance here:

The week zero numbers count in the overall sales of the game, obviously. However, since they were sold in a different week besides launch week, and because the game had extra available time on the market than any other game would have for a single week of sales, it is unfair to all games, to attempt to combine two completely different weeks of sales and call it the "real" assumed week 1 sales.

Because, they aren't real. That isn't reality. Two weeks time on the market cannot be one week on the market. It would be giving the game an unfair advantage. LBP and Sony SHOULD NOT be rewarded for completely screwing the pooch on the launch of their game. Adding 2 weeks and calling it week 1 is an attempt to conveniently sweep their mistake under the rug. We will not accept it. By we, I me you, and I. You might disagree with me now, but you cannot accept making such a dire mistake under the motivation of fanaticism.

Example: Movies often have limited releases around the country, sometimes months before the actual release. When the movies are released, the movie companies never try to pad the opening weekend numbers, by adding the limited release figures to them. It's illegal. It's immoral, and it's a lie. There is no way to know if those people, who saw the show on limited release would have seen the show on opening weekend. There is no way to determine what "woulda" happened without the limited release. The limited release also allows for extra playtime, where more people could watch the movie, in said time, thus further padding the advantage of lying about opening weekend boxoffice, by adding in these limited release numbers. If a movie was seen by someone earlier than opening weekend, then it wasn't seen ON opening weekend.

If LBP was sold EARLIER than opening week, then it wasn't sold ON opening week.

What "woulda" happened is just something somebody made up who was trying to artifically inflate the sales statistics.

If you're gonna try to reply, make sure to read the whole post. It's chock full of iron-clad logic.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Disappointed by Little Big Planet sales.
Really.

Everyone kept talking about LBP, the way it was going to help Sony...
What is happening?

My Gaming Setup

Time to move on to plan B, Forget the first week sales! TOTAL SALES COUNT MORE!@!

fayewong said:
Time to move on to plan B, Forget the first week sales! TOTAL SALES COUNT MORE!@!

They most certainly do, lol, even if you were being sarcastic, it's still true. I expected this to be a "legs" game.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Omg, ioi completly shut him down in 2nd post, and left it open for everyone to witness. Saw a couple LBP commercials today, legs will be interesting to watch.

i knew it wouldn't sell as well as people hoped.

People expectations was just plain stupid at some points. I think it did extremely well for a game hat is new and unique, and i have no idea why people put so much expectations, and now sales look normal to say the least.

I dont think it can sell like SMG, i dont think it can push hardware like MGS, but come on it wasnt ever gonna be that game. Great sales all around though and i hope it continues to sell well, as it well deserves those sales, but some sony fans unfortunately were dillusionalized

-Ghost_MLD- said:
markers said:

10 million first year still doesnt seem out of the question

think about the attach rate.

10 million with a probable 25 million PS3 userbase in holiday 2009?

One copy would be sold to every 1.5 PS3 owner. No game has an attach rate like that.

Itll be a 3-4 million lifetime game.

He wasn't being serious, but one thing.

No game has an AR of 1:2.5? Well, Halo 3 does right now have 1:2.6, but it has had 1:2.5 for a long, long time.

Then there's Wii Play, which has an AR of less than 1:2.

In Japan, Wii Sports has an AR of 1:2.1

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Well, this shot was off.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."