By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster: Day of Crisis - Sales

deathcape said:
uhm..sports is ONLY bundled in the US..not EU or JP..so...techincally it's still a great seller if it were not bundled..

Wii Sports is bundled in the EU. It's not bundled in Asia though (or at least not China, Korea or Japan).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Hopefully this game does sell well, so it can maybe make it's way to the U.S.

But it doesn't make sence for Nintendo to not release I there yet, because that's where it'll get the most sells.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

hunter_alien said:
XiaoMay said:
I dont think it bombed so hard. It's undertracked

Many stores had it in their "top selling titles"

ALSO, it IS advertised on TV.

SHould be aroung 50k

Its funny... people usually make fun of me when I say the same about PSP games :P

PSP games sale tracking in Other is really bad , the chart say that the software tracking is incomplete. That or everybody and there dog pirate there psp the other side of the atlantic or only use it to watch movie, which I kinda doubt.

For all the PS3 fanbody around here, what about Valkyria chronicles sale, pretty good for a near 90 rpg on the PS3 uh? :)

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Isn't D:DOD made by monolith software or something. And didn't Nintendo only publish it? Then how is it a new IP from Nintendo.

Nintendo didn't make it and Monolith isn't like a second party to Nintendo like Retro Studios.

I think Nintendo had to help out Monolith software to finish the game because they were struggling with it. That's all.

Here: http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13397_disaster-day-of-crisis-monolith-soft-nintendo-interview.html

Summary :

- Disaster : Day of Crisis was a long and hard project to develop says Monolith Software (this is their first action game for the Wii), Nintendo has helped Monolith Software to finish their game.

- Nintendo worked on Disaster : Day of Crisis to make it more accessible to a large audience, hardcore gamers as well as casual gamers can both appreciate this game.

- Nintendo is not surprised by the low sales of Disaster : Day of Crisis in Japan, this is a new franchise with a very special concept, we can't expect more. Nintendo thinks that the game will sale in the future though.

- Wii Motion Plus wasn't tested for Disaster : Day of Crisis, Nintendo thinks that Wii Motion Plus is not needed for this type of action game.

Around the Network
eddie182 said:
Nintendo didn't make it and Monolith isn't like a second party to Nintendo like Retro Studios.

Er...yeah they are. Nintendo owns 80% of Monolith as of last year. They're second-party now.

Nintendo will release this game in NA, or I only hope they will..

Check the Others weekly charts, go to publisher and chose Nintendo.

There you have it, the game isn't being tracked.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

So much for them developing a RPG game. LOL...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

sethnintendo said:
Nintendo will release this game in NA, or I only hope they will..

More like, "if" they will.  But even if they don't, I don't think it'll be too big of a deal; it seems like a pretty good game, but there are many other good titles coming for Wii in 2009.  One missed won't make much of a difference.  (And Nintendo DID say they were working on new core titles, too.)

-Jon T.