By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The official President Obama thread

bardicverse said:
ringo - you're absolutely right. Living in NJ, no matter who I want in office, its useless, because the state ALWAYS goes to the democrat. In the end, it's actually just a waste of my time. Yet, I go out anyway just to exercise that right to do such, as it seems to be one of the few unchallenged freedoms we have left. =)

Something you (and many others, particular those who live in states like NY (me), Texas, CA, AL, NJ, etc, etc, etc) may find interesting:

http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

Really a very clever way to do it.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

http://www.change.gov/

Isn't it strange seeing a government that listens to you. Same thing happened last year when we got rid of our own conservatives.

incase we all needed to be reminded

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

And he just got North Carolina

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:

http://www.change.gov/

Isn't it strange seeing a government that listens to you. Same thing happened last year when we got rid of our own conservatives.

incase we all needed to be reminded

You tell 'em Dick!  Fuck the public!

It is so amazing reading the comments of sheeple. You blindly follow a man you know nothing about and then all jump for joy that he wins saying he is going to change things. Yet, no one can name a single thing that he is going to do that is exactly going to change anything including himself. The entire government is corrupt all over the place on both sides, and this man is going to do nothing to stop it or change it. The same things that are being complained about today that desperately need changing will be the same things that everyone will complain about 4, 8, 12, 16 years from now. Every election cycle, politicians promise us the world and yet every election it is still screwed up and only they can fix it. It is just sad to see how many people get so excited over a man, especially one that they cannot name a single thing he has done, nor can they or have they named a single thing he is going to do to help or change anything.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

I think I have a link to Obama's web site if you'd like to read if kazadoom.

Also, we know a lot about Obama. He's been under intense media scrutiny for 2 years, and he wrote 2 autobiographies. I know more about Barack Obama than I know about myself.

I hope your profile says "reason for ban: use of the word sheeple."

To be honest I am entirely sick of 'The First Black President' label that Obama has got.

I supported Obama because he is young, inspirational, has similar political views to me, is intelligent and is level headed. He is clearly the start of a new generation of US presidents and I think he will be exceptional as one.

I think the constant talk about the colour of his skin trivialises his success.

I also think that McCain was an exceptional candidate and would have made an excellent president. I still think Palin would have been terrible though.

Why isn't anyone commenting on Obama being the 44th white president? I must admit, I'm a bit offended.

MontanaHatchet said:
Why isn't anyone commenting on Obama being the 44th white president? I must admit, I'm a bit offended.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

kazadoom said:

It is so amazing reading the comments of sheeple. You blindly follow a man you know nothing about and then all jump for joy that he wins saying he is going to change things. Yet, no one can name a single thing that he is going to do that is exactly going to change anything including himself. The entire government is corrupt all over the place on both sides, and this man is going to do nothing to stop it or change it. The same things that are being complained about today that desperately need changing will be the same things that everyone will complain about 4, 8, 12, 16 years from now. Every election cycle, politicians promise us the world and yet every election it is still screwed up and only they can fix it. It is just sad to see how many people get so excited over a man, especially one that they cannot name a single thing he has done, nor can they or have they named a single thing he is going to do to help or change anything.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.  And you sir, are the biggest mother.