By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New RE5 extended trailer (shows actual gameplay)

Oh no, that is not what I meant.

It's that the idea that anglo/americans use(d) the burden of power as an excuse to be imperialist. Think bring civilization, bring order, bring democracy. That is what the white man's burden is. It is a knock at ourselves.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Ah. yeah. Wouldn't you say the general technology offered by such empires has helped many, though?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

i really like how this game looks.

Sure, we could give it or sell it to them instead of occupying them or "influencing" their internal affairs. (I am sorry, I only meant to joke that Chris Redfield was suffering from said problem. I didn't mean to hijack the thread)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787, have you considered that maybe the IGN boards are just the right intelligence level for you?

Yeah, we really should consider giving things to developing countries, we could start with billions of dollars to fight AIDS in Africa. And selling things, if only there were some system in place to do this, we could call it capitalism.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

Every time I watch this trailer I am amazed by the level of detail. Just look at how detailed Chris Redfield looks in the game.

The amount of progress on the Dead Rising engine in a year is nothing short of massive. This game makes that game look archaic in graphics and that is saing a lot.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

This is the Dead Rising engine? Can you confirm that?

If so - I knew that was an impressive looking game even on my bro's admittedly sub-standard HDTV but yikes - that's nice :P

Actually I do find the African Zombies situation somewhat offensive.

The idea of Zombies came from Africa, but it was completely misinterpreted and bastardized by western culture. In Africa, voodoo was used to raise people from the dead (mythically), but they didn't come back as brain eating killer monsters, it was a religious and spiritual experience that could allow the dead to be reunited with their families. In Africa, it's an amazing and miraculous thing for your loved ones to be risen from the dead, but our culture has turned it into a gore filled cheesy horror setting.

Something tells me I'm going to be missing Shinji Mikami's brilliant writing when this game comes out.

It's due to disease, or a virus, not rituals though...they're not raising themselves back from the dead or anything...they're alive, they get taken over by the virus, and they become extremely aggressive and insane.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Legend11 said:
I'm pretty sure it's not the same trailer that's on PSN or at least this is an extended version of it because Capcom mentioned about 2 weeks ago that they were releasing the extended version of the trailer today.

Its the same one from the ps store, but in 1080p

mM