By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New RE5 extended trailer (shows actual gameplay)

i thought RE4 was groundbreaking in terms of gameplay. looks like the same gameplay and thats good but in terms of graphics im extremely dissapointed everyonme here and evcerywhere says how great ps3 and xbox 360 graphics are and for the power and graphics capability of the two syatems i expect perfect grafix. realistic people not fake looking people with oily skin (all of them in fact) cmon where is the perfect graphics??? im not a fan of the ps3 at all but if i want to see that kind of trailer i can see that on a low end pc.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network
sinha said:
omgwtfbbq said:
you'd think after all this training, agents would have learned to move and shoot at the same time by now.

Come on... at least the ability to back away while you're shooting... Is it really that difficult? I'm loving RE4 but the inability to move and shoot at the same time is a bit retarded...

Is this accurate (regarding both RE4 and RE5)?

I can understand shots being less accurate if a player is moving, but not being able to move and shoot at the same time is just idiotic.

It sounds stupid...but pick up a controller and play the game...and you'll see it's pure gold.  It kinda makes sense anyway...it would be pretty dang hard to run and shoot accurately in real life anyway.  And because you need to hold still to aim...it makes it much scarier.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wow some people's expectations of what graphics are supposed to look like are insane... This is not the best looking game I've seen this gen but it's definitely high up there and yet people are bitching about the graphics? Simply blows my mind.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

PS3Owner use some common sense - when light shines on an object - shadows appear behind the area being lit. You do know that right?

The lighting in RE5 seems absolutely brilliant, I don't know what you're looking at but this is beautifully bright and vibrant, a first for the RE series I would say considering it's typical associative themes and colourings. This looks brilliant.

naznatips said:
PS3owner said:
naznatips said:
PS3owner said:
The games might look pretty much the same, but if you look at every 360 game you will see they have more shadows and are darker overall then the PS3 games, i have no idea why this would be unless the 360 version is trying to lower the amount of stuff on the screen at once to raise framrate or something.

The console which has framerate issues is the PS3, not the 360. The dark shadows are an artistic choice by the developer.

There are no framrates issues on the PS3, it has games at 1080P at 60 FPS, something the 360 can't do. Having everything pitchblack is nothing to do with an artistic choice when it is in every game for the system, the 360 can't handle the textures so they make the shadows stand out more, they used this in other games for the PS1 and PS2, its the same thing with draw distances only now they put shadows in.

Oh, so that's why Madden can run at 60 FPS on the 360 but only 30 FPS on the PS3. As far as all 360 games being like that, that's not true at all. Viva Pinata and Halo 3 are both very bright and vibrant with gorgeous graphics. Meanwhile, Uncharted experiences massive framerate drops on the PS3, and Heavenly Sword runs at 30FPS. So far, from what I can see, all evidence points towards this being an artistic choice, and if any system has framerate issues it's the PS3.

God, please do not stick up for EA, an abomination to the gaming industry.  Microsoft gave them money to raise the frame rate in the 360 version.  They didn't do it for the PS3 because they are lazy.  The PS3 may be more difficult to program for, but EA is not a good example to cite.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

whats wrong with you people. its a trailer of a game thats still in development, and will probably be released in 2009. Stop bitching about graphics. and gameplay. better yet, make your own game, bet you can't.

It looks good, but am I the only one who thinks "White Man's Burden"?

(Nobody got that one the IGN PS3 boards, but you guys tend to be a lot smarter)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

MrMarc said:

PS3Owner use some common sense - when light shines on an object - shadows appear behind the area being lit. You do know that right?

The lighting in RE5 seems absolutely brilliant, I don't know what you're looking at but this is beautifully bright and vibrant, a first for the RE series I would say considering it's typical associative themes and colourings. This looks brilliant.

I know all about shadows, i also know when i'm outside when the sun is out half my body is not in complete darkness like the makers of RE would like you to think.

Actually it 'would' be in darkness because surely only half of your body (give or take) can be lit by the sun at any given time...

There's nothing wrong with the shadowing, the darkness levels are spot on.

Maybe a little bit...but it really doesn't matter what race they are...although this setting for a Resident Evil game definitely seems scarier, because crazy diseases popping up in Africa is not unheard of, and could very well escalate in the future...

But anybody who says this game is racist because you're running around shooting black people is an idiot. There have been countless games that feature violence against all different colors...it really confuses me when I hear people on some forums or comment boards saying a game where you kill black people is inherently racist. I'm pretty sure you've killed more people with CJ from San Andreas than most other games, so whatever.

Also..."Microsoft gave them money to raise the frame rate in the 360 version." wtf? Why don't you just say M$ M$ M$ M$ continuously...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )