By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales (Fire Emblem Wii and MHP2)

BenKenobi88 said: Fire Emblem looks like crap...at least as a Wii game. Although I understand that it will sell better as a Wii game than a GC game...but it is really just a GC game. If I buy it, I'll have to always tell myself it's just a GC game...cause it's crap on Wii
Have you ever played Fire Emblem? I mean how it looks is not a big part of the experience... EDIT: I forgott to speak about the numbers... First: Congrats MHP2 great number easily 1 million seller, if it have legs it might lead to more hardware sales. Second: My Fire Emblem isn't selling as much as I had hopped :(

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

Diomedes1976 said: Capcom has just announced that Monster Hunter 2 has sold 700K in four days ....fastest selling third party game ever on a handheld ....
And the irony is that its easily the fastest selling game on the PSP - as there isn't anything else in that league. The latest Pokemons sold what... 800k units on day#1 on the DS? The challenge is still out there for MH2 - will it be in the top#10... 4 weeks after launch? (the first one is still in the charts - near the bottom... promising signs for Capcom!). EDIT: At least this record will last a while... if FFXII doesn't beat it on the DS, I doubt it has any chance of sustaining the onslaught that will be DQIX (may do 2-3mill in launch week!).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Diomedes1976 said: Capcom has just announced that Monster Hunter 2 has sold 700K in four days ....fastest selling third party game ever on a handheld ....
Wow , more than Joker... The number is huge. Where did you find this info?

shams said: The latest Pokemons sold what... 800k units on day#1 on the DS?
Nop. DS has nothing with such number on day one. Comparison This is not only best selling (first day) game on psp but in general. Record for all handhelds.

kber81 said: shams said: The latest Pokemons sold what... 800k units on day#1 on the DS? Nop. DS has nothing with such number on day one. Comparison This is not only best selling (first day) game on psp but in general. Record for all handhelds.
Most people would consider pokemon Diamond/Pearl to count as one game, as VG does. So that would put it at 900,000.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Yes, u can count Pokémon as 1. Because when they would've made 1 version (then there would be even much available as was with the 2)... It would've sold that number too!... And just wait for DQ9. That's one bom i'd like to see explode

THE NETHERLANDS

stof said: Most people would consider pokemon Diamond/Pearl to count as one game, as VG does. So that would put it at 900,000.
Hmm, why? You have to pay for both. I don't know details. There is no difference between them? Only cover?

Ey sham, I myself was pleasantly suprised with Fire Emblem : POR but completely disappointed with Final Fantasy XII.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Well Yugioh IV on GB sold more in the first week and I'll be interested to see if the final numbers can top DQ Monsters Joker. But this is just nitpicking - 700k in a week is enormous by any standard

DreamsCast said: But this is just nitpicking - 700k in a week is enormous by any standard
Except by the Final-Fantasy/Dragon Quest standard ...