By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN....R2 vs GEARS 2 Comparison!

can't wait for Gears 2

Around the Network

Two good games obviously.

Gears got a 9.5 in the graphics area. This is unusually high, does anyone know what Bioshock got in graphics on IGN. I'm gonna go check it out!

I feel IGN has in a manner of speaking, "punked" out on letting viewers know which they think is better. Over the years IGN has gone from beeing one of my favorite sites to one of the most biased I have ever seen. They would give what would seemingly be an equal game for PS3 and 360 a lower score on PS3's part.

It probably has been said before but why is it when a PS3 version of a game has a small hitch it gets a lower score then it's 360 counterpart(Orange Box, Fallout) but when the 360 version is technically inferior maybe even having game breaking glitches it will still maintain the same score(Oblivion, Bioshock, Devil May Cry 4)?

The good thing is that over the last month or so IGN has been trying to gain back their fanbase by beeing as non bias as possible. But to what extent? The sacrafice of giving a game what it deserved so not to incite controversy. This is what I feel happened with Fallout 3, and now the two big exclusives for the two systems.

I personally think R2 is the better game by far, that is my opinion. Yet I believe IGN might have thought Gears was. Yet to turn a new leaf they have evaded debate on whether one is better then the other by giving them the same score.

The only constant truth here is that BOTH of these games will be magnificent in their own right :)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

A bad framerate and the texture problems that happen in just about every UE game and they still give it a 9.5 for graphics.... I'm wondering if they will raise the score to 12 for Killzone 2.

Around the Network

LOL Maths mongs!

Guess it's just an average. Both these games will please both owners. No doubt there will be many an argument about which one is 'Betta'!

I'm still suprised that the 360 has frame rate issues and the PS3 has slight glitches.

I'd expect that it would have been sorted out on the 360. As well as the PS3. Still great games there.

Good to see this site is still going 

Bioshock also got a 9.5 in graphic but they said its because of the artstyle, I can agree the art style in Bioshock was second to none.

Griffin said:

A bad framerate and the texture problems that happen in just about every UE game and they still give it a 9.5 for graphics.... I'm wondering if they will raise the score to 12 for Killzone 2.

The bad framerate apparently only occurs during a certain part where you ride a Brumak. If that's just it, I'm more than pleased!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

they love the ps3

forevercloud3000 I disagree. The orange box and fallout 3 have both had noticable problems on PS3. Framerate issues etc. Kotaku even had a story recently on the problems in the PS3 version of FO3. The orange box also had a lot of documented issues as that version wasn't even handled by valve.

Bioshock and oblivion both came out a long time on 360 before PS3. So of course they got higher scores. The same game released later is compartively less good. Standards are raised. If Oblivion was released now on 360 it wouldn't get the same high scores it did when it was released ages ago.

Devil may cry 4, what differences were there exactly? The PS3 had slighty shorter load times? After a lengthy install. Seems fair enough they got equal scores. I don't think shortening the installs through the game for a long pre game install is worth an extra .1 of a score.

I do agree though that it seemed they gave these games the same score on purpose. The review of GoW2 basically only has 2 negatives. He thought some voice work was slightly cheesy and there was a tiny bit of lag. I would say the lag isn't going to be an issue when the games released. Epic aren't exactly known for their bad online play. The review read like it was going to be up near 9.8 or so.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.