By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why You Can't Blame Reggie If "Disaster: DoC" Doesn't Make it to the US

The game is good from what I've heard. If 8/10 is bad to people now, then we won't be playing many more games in the future now will we?

Reggie didn't even KNOW about Disaster: Day of Crisis until several weeks ago. HE DID NOT KNOW. If anything he is just seeing how it sells in Europe so he can figure out an actual release date for the Americas. As for it selling anyways, that is dumb. Anything could sell in any territory. Just because a game flopped in America doesn't mean it will in Europe and vice-versa. MANY Wii games outsell heavily in one region than another. Look at Sonic.

Just because the game caters to an older audience doesn't mean they shouldn't release it at all. In that case the Wii is not catering to everyone like it says it is. Just because the 360 has Halo doesn't mean I can't release The Conduit. If anything, that makes the Wii look worse, providing nothing for the 13-34 demographic just because the PS360 do.

As for it being a politically touchy game, that is false, completely false.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Well, it IS a company.
Chances are this thing won't sell that well, same reason Mother 3 hasn't made it here.

Its all about money and business.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Wow that is horrible.

Though it makes me wonder if maybe Nintendo is also making a lot more games?

Like what's the actual percentages rather then number of games being localized i wonder.

Kasz216 said:
Wow that is horrible.

Though it makes me wonder if maybe Nintendo is also making a lot more games?

Like what's the actual percentages rather then number of games being localized i wonder.

The chart is the percantages, not the number of releases. The OP at GAF stated Nintendo has failed to localize more games in the last three years than the entirety of the previous 10 years combined before then. The graph is stating that 45% of games in 2008 published by Nintendo in Japan have gone unlocalized by NoA.

@Mint-It isn't just sales potential. It fails to show why games like Chibi-Robo, Custom Robo, Odama and Donkey Kong Barrel Blast all got localized when their lifetime NoA sales don't measure up to even the week one sales of a major release.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

@ Onyxmeth

Thanks for posting that. I am suddenly very upset with NOA. I think most people knew about Mother, but this is a disturbing trend I didn't realize was occuring.

My only question is if Nintendo is publishing more total games each year. If that is the case, NOA may have to pick and choose which games to localize due to limited resources. Of course, I would prefer that they expanded so that they could localize nearly every game.

Bring me Disaster: Day of Crisis Nintendo!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
@ Onyxmeth

Thanks for posting that. I am suddenly very upset with NOA. I think most people knew about Mother, but this is a disturbing trend I didn't realize was occuring.

My only question is if Nintendo is publishing more total games each year. If that is the case, NOA may have to pick and choose which games to localize due to limited resources. Of course, I would prefer that they expanded so that they could localize nearly every game.

Frankly, Nintendo shouldn't have limited resources at this point. They are billions of dollars in profit, and some of that should be used to make the consumer happier. Not just the new audience either, but those of us that stuck through the thick and thin. So what if Mother 3 only sells 100,000 over here? We've been asking for it for years and those kind of sales should justify the cost of localising it, amongst other titles.

The real problem is, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the titles they pick. It can't be quality, because Donkey Kong Barrel Blast got ported. It can't be sales potential because Odama got ported. It can't be a hectic release schedule, because Nintendo has a vastly smaller Fall release schedule than Microsoft while it has probably 5x as many working teams. Did you know Band Bros. DX for the DS is like Rock Band and Nintendo has been sitting on it since 2005 when it released in Japan? That has sales potential and NoA does nothing about it. Frankly, I'm scared that the awesome line-up Nintendo showed us at the October conference isn't all coming over here.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The worst part is, that all Fatal Frame games have been released in the west, but now that Nintendo acquired the IP, they prevent the game from leaving Japan.

Now, I'm a Nintendo fan in general, but that really is an example of "Nintendo killing gaming".

Onyxmeth said:
theRepublic said:
@ Onyxmeth

Frankly, Nintendo shouldn't have limited resources at this point. They are billions of dollars in profit, and some of that should be used to make the consumer happier. Not just the new audience either, but those of us that stuck through the thick and thin. So what if Mother 3 only sells 100,000 over here? We've been asking for it for years and those kind of sales should justify the cost of localising it, amongst other titles.

The real problem is, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the titles they pick. It can't be quality, because Donkey Kong Barrel Blast got ported. It can't be sales potential because Odama got ported. It can't be a hectic release schedule, because Nintendo has a vastly smaller Fall release schedule than Microsoft while it has probably 5x as many working teams. Did you know Band Bros. DX for the DS is like Rock Band and Nintendo has been sitting on it since 2005 when it released in Japan? That has sales potential and NoA does nothing about it. Frankly, I'm scared that the awesome line-up Nintendo showed us at the October conference isn't all coming over here.

I agree with that 100%.  There is no way that Nintendo shouldn't have the resources to localize these games.  They should be trying to appease their core fans as much as possible, but at this point, they probably feel that doesn't have to be a big priority since they are making so much money anyway.  That would be unfortunate if true.

I have no clue as to why games get the green light or not.  Donkey Kong was probably localized because DK has always been a pretty good franchise for Nintendo.  I don't know anything about Odama.  I didn't know about Band Bros either.  That's too bad.  I'm not too worried about the future right now, because I've got plenty of games I want to buy.  I feel for you though.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

With all the money Nintendo is making you'd think the least Reggie could do would be to throw U.S. gamers a bone and give them Disaster: Day of Crisis.

maybe we could ask them why they are doing this

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia