By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 you tricked me, I hate you

twesterm said:
Wow, that sucks, thanks for the warning though!

Did Oblivion do the same thing? I've owned two different copies of the game (PC and 360) but I've never gotten past Kvatch, I always just do other things.

oblivion is a far better game and well worth the mony for the goty eition wil last u ages. after playing fallout at a booth lol ive fallen out with it, its ok but not what reviews tell u. fallout3 was heavily fanboy reviewed imo..........i fear many people will buy the game only to be let down a little.............only past kvatch, it gets a lot better from there on

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
twesterm said:
Wow, that sucks, thanks for the warning though!

Did Oblivion do the same thing? I've owned two different copies of the game (PC and 360) but I've never gotten past Kvatch, I always just do other things.
oblivion is a far better game and well worth the mony for the goty eition wil last u ages. after playing fallout at a booth lol ive fallen out with it, its ok but not what reviews tell u. fallout3 was heavily fanboy reviewed imo..........i fear many people will buy the game only to be let down a little.............only past kvatch, it gets a lot better from there on

Yes! Lets take the word of a guy that played Fallout 3 at a booth! /Sarcasm.

But seriously - ask any person that's beaten both FO3 and Oblivion. The vast majority (and I mean vast majority) say Fallout 3 is a much better, more well-rounded experience than Oblivion.

Oblivion, like Morrowind was mostly filler - dumb fetch quests, and massive dungeon crawls to get a little bit of loot. The games were/are great, but a large portion of the time was spent going over copycat dungeons akin to Mass Effect and doing different things.

On the other hand, Fallout is shorter (and by shorter, your looking at around 100 hours to complete all guild quests + main quest in Oblivion to roughly 60-65 hours in Fallout 3 to complete the main quest + achievement related side quests), but is superior in every way:

• Better dialogue in the game
  • More consequences/choices (far, FAR more)
  • Better quest design
  • More varied location design
  • Vastly superior leveling system
  • Better "class" system (due to S.P.E.C.I.A.L and Perks)
  • VATS = Revolutionary. VATS, in the future, will be viewed as the starting point for the next-generation of turn-based game play.
  • More/Better role playing overall (Karma, classes, and everything else make for a much more fleshed out role playing game)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

That are just opinions, I preferred Obilivion but I already knew that because I love the medieval them and not the depressive theme that F3 haves.  Their are things in F3 I prefer but also things I really dislike;

I thought it was okay. Hated the level cap though.

yeah the level cap sucked

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made