By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 you tricked me, I hate you

I just finished the main storyline in Okami and liked how that game always warned you when you couldn't turn back, including the final dungeon area. Was there no similar warning for this? imo all games that lock you in after entering the final area but still allow you to save your game should let you know this somehow so your save file doesn't get permanently stuck there.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
routsounmanman said:
Pharaoh said:
^No Oblivion you could play forever, seriously I mean forever. I put 140 hours into Oblivion, because every NPC comes up with randomly generated quests. Now Oblivion was a AAA game, but Fallout 3 is not.

Seriously guys, if u want to play the true AAA gems, play Morrowind and Fallout 2. Shows how overrated this HD era is and justifies the whole Wii reviews fiasco.

Bah, I think that's BS. Claiming that this gen is vastly over-rated just because you remember past games better than they really were. Fallout 2 is a great game, but Morrowind?

One guy pissed off over the ending of a game doesn't make this game over-rated. It does however, give haters of the HD generation, and haters of Bethesda/Fallout 3 a reason to flame the game. Most haters, ironically, have and will never play Fallout 3.

Have u even played Morrowind? I was hyped for Oblivion a year prior to its release, logged in at elderscrolls.com every single day, joined the forums,etc yet in the end, the game dissapointed me to no end (although certainly not a bad game). Oblivion is generic, flat and boring to explore, the main mission is a total failure and Cyrodiil is empty and souless.

About the general HD era, maybe I overreacted, but I hate to see inferior, overbloated, phantasmagoric and cinematic sequels overshadow their previous iterations due to graphics, AI and mainly, hype and marketing. Tons of examples like ES IV:Oblivion, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Soul Calibur 4, Super Paper Mario, Zelda Twilight Princess, Heroes of Might and Magic 5, etc.

Oh yeah, I've played Morrowind. Without giving a full review:

1. The original Xbox title launched with terrible technical issues, and lag...in an offline game.

2. The "jump a thousand times to level up" sucked and was boring/repetitive.

3. The game lacked direction.

4. The game world wasn't immersive.

5. The game was confusing, complex, and over-long.

Those are my feelings about the game. I disliked it.

Also, Fallout 3, MGS4, and Twilight Princess are all better than you give them credit for.

Heroes of Might and Magic hasn't been good since 3.

Fallout 3 is much better than Oblivion.

Super Paper Mario, and DMC4, got the reviews they deserved.

Over-rated games, like Halo 3, are existant, but similar games were over-rated last gen, like Halo 2. :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

DKII said:
I just finished the main storyline in Okami and liked how that game always warned you when you couldn't turn back, including the final dungeon area. Was there no similar warning for this? imo all games that lock you in after entering the final area but still allow you to save your game should let you know this somehow so your save file doesn't get permanently stuck there.

In this game, it is very likely that a person has many multiple saves, and indeed, the game autosaves through every door you enter.

I can't believe that anyone could enter the final area without having at least one backup save somewhere. :P

People just aren't accustomed to required WRPG saving practices, lol, I guess. It's no worse than any other WRPG, and their epic save quandries.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
routsounmanman said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
routsounmanman said:
Pharaoh said:
^No Oblivion you could play forever, seriously I mean forever. I put 140 hours into Oblivion, because every NPC comes up with randomly generated quests. Now Oblivion was a AAA game, but Fallout 3 is not.

Seriously guys, if u want to play the true AAA gems, play Morrowind and Fallout 2. Shows how overrated this HD era is and justifies the whole Wii reviews fiasco.

Bah, I think that's BS. Claiming that this gen is vastly over-rated just because you remember past games better than they really were. Fallout 2 is a great game, but Morrowind?

One guy pissed off over the ending of a game doesn't make this game over-rated. It does however, give haters of the HD generation, and haters of Bethesda/Fallout 3 a reason to flame the game. Most haters, ironically, have and will never play Fallout 3.

Have u even played Morrowind? I was hyped for Oblivion a year prior to its release, logged in at elderscrolls.com every single day, joined the forums,etc yet in the end, the game dissapointed me to no end (although certainly not a bad game). Oblivion is generic, flat and boring to explore, the main mission is a total failure and Cyrodiil is empty and souless.

About the general HD era, maybe I overreacted, but I hate to see inferior, overbloated, phantasmagoric and cinematic sequels overshadow their previous iterations due to graphics, AI and mainly, hype and marketing. Tons of examples like ES IV:Oblivion, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Soul Calibur 4, Super Paper Mario, Zelda Twilight Princess, Heroes of Might and Magic 5, etc.

Oh yeah, I've played Morrowind. Without giving a full review:

1. The original Xbox title launched with terrible technical issues, and lag...in an offline game.

2. The "jump a thousand times to level up" sucked and was boring/repetitive.

3. The game lacked direction.

4. The game world wasn't immersive.

5. The game was confusing, complex, and over-long.

Those are my feelings about the game. I disliked it.

Also, Fallout 3, MGS4, and Twilight Princess are all better than you give them credit for.

Heroes of Might and Magic hasn't been good since 3.

Fallout 3 is much better than Oblivion.

Super Paper Mario, and DMC4, got the reviews they deserved.

Over-rated games, like Halo 3, are existant, but similar games were over-rated last gen, like Halo 2. :P

I never said all those games were bad, quite the opposite (with the exception of HoMM5); they're just inferior, at least in my eyes to their predecessors although they get huge due to being released in an era that sells hype, cinematic, simple to master and shallower games.

numonex said:
Thanks for the warning OP. The reviewers are lying to us gamers. Only 6 hours long. WTH?

Just done the main quest yesterday, take me total 140+ hours (80% side quest, maybe 3/5 of the map explorered).

Actually, I start the main quest chapter 3 after I feel tired to deal with some buggy npc and want to see how the main quest progress .. then  BAM! It's done :p (I play a ultimiate good karma character at that time)

Okie, at least I know I should try the bad karma way after I take a break from L4D demo, and still couple town need to visit (and couple valut need to visit -- I only visit 3 vault so far, and looks like we got 6 or 7 vault to visit in fallout 3 world)

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DKII said:

In this game, it is very likely that a person has many multiple saves, and indeed, the game autosaves through every door you enter.

I can't believe that anyone could enter the final area without having at least one backup save somewhere. :P

People just aren't accustomed to required WRPG saving practices, lol, I guess. It's no worse than any other WRPG, and their epic save quandries.

Oh yes I had that problem =p. The doors get locked when you enter them at the end and I didn't knew that X_X. Anyway I thought it would be like in Oblivion but if you finish the game you understand that they couldn't let the gamer continue.

To answer some of the questions. I didn't make extra saves, I don't like to do that in games. I believe that your actions and skill should dictate the course of the game, creating extra saves (for me) belittles what the game is trying to accomplish, i.e. difficulty, surprises, etc..

I said that the main quest was around 6 hrs long (i didn't actually time it so it could have been longer) not the whole game. I just didn't think it was long enough because you have to play through almost all of it to get the power armor. That's what I did first because I didn't want to waste my time with shitty outlander/raider armor.

I'm still playing through my second time, and am trying to find every location/secret. First thing I did was get the power armor, and then just did tons of side quests.

P.S. Tranquility Lane is the best thing in the game, and if you don't pick the evil way to do it, you are a puss*

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

DKII said:

Exactly, this is what I thought should have happened.  I can't believe they locked the doors on me, seriously who locked them?  And plus I had a fat man, missle launcher, etc. which should have been able to open them (i shot it at it, i really wanted to leave).

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Pharaoh said:
DKII said:

Exactly, this is what I thought should have happened.  I can't believe they locked the doors on me, seriously who locked them?  And plus I had a fat man, missle launcher, etc. which should have been able to open them (i shot it at it, i really wanted to leave).

Yes it is absolutely ridiculous you don't get a warning that there is no turning back.  And I so wanted to be able to use the laser gun the head enclave person carries.  It looks like it packs some serious power.  Lol at wanting to leave so bad that you shot fat man at it. Speaking of fat man I have lost my fat man. I gave it to the soldier that follows you to carry along a ton of other stuff and when I got captured by the enclave that was the last I saw of her so bye bye fat man.  Is there a way to get it back?  It was silly of me to risk giving something like that to her but it was not a weapon I was using at all at the time. 

EDIT: I have like a 100 extra saves so don't have the same disastrous situation as others and I have now gone back to exploring the rest of the world.  But it is still very annoying for me the way you get locked out.  If I didn't have any extra saves I think I would have crushed the game.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Well the woman says you can't turn back when you start the American dream quest =p. I just didn't thought it was for real.