By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MrBubbles takes on Mirrors Edge 360 Vs Mirrors Edge PS3 (Advantage Ps3)

Dgc1808 said:
The game was developed on the PS3, so it's not surprise.

? PS3 was lead platform??  i find that hard to believe since its not on par with the 360 version.  thats a pretty rude comment, if true, as well.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
Dgc1808 said:

? PS3 was lead platform??  i find that hard to believe since its not on par with the 360 version.  thats a pretty rude comment, if true, as well.

http://scrawlfx.com/2008/08/mirrors-edge-ps3-lead-platform-trophiesachievements-dlc-plans

It would be somewhat shocking, and odd, if the 360 version really does run better.  Wouldn't be shocking if the PC version runs better.  I still haven't taken a shot at the demos yet (I had to buy Live Gold, which I'm disgruntled about), but I will soon.  It's always possible I suppose that it's a demo-specific issue as well.  We'll see.

Edit: It would also be odd considering the developers made a point of always demoing the PS3 version instead of the 360 version.  Surely the developers would know which version runs best and demo that.

iceissac92 said:
noob

lol, thats a first on the forums.

naznatips said:
MrBubbles said:
Dgc1808 said:

http://scrawlfx.com/2008/08/mirrors-edge-ps3-lead-platform-trophiesachievements-dlc-plans

It would be somewhat shocking, and odd, if the 360 version really does run better.  Wouldn't be shocking if the PC version runs better.  I still haven't taken a shot at the demos yet (I had to buy Live Gold, which I'm disgruntled about), but I will soon.  It's always possible I suppose that it's a demo-specific issue as well.  We'll see.

hahaha SUCCESS! im actually secretly working for Microsoft and that was my goal from the beginning!

Dont forget to download Banjo as well. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Yeah I started the Banjo download before the Mirror's Edge one even. I also downloaded The Broken Bond demo. Doubt I'll like it as much as Ultimate Ninja Storm, but I'll give it a shot.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
outlawauron said:
MrBubbles said:

MrBubbles conducted a side by side comparison of the 2 demos and has decided to share his findings.

MrBubbles determined that both versions were equal in a number of ways. Both versions loaded the same, both ran the same, and both were texturally equal.

However the enhancements on the PS3 version were glaringly obvious. It contained not only enhanced screen tearing, but enhanced jagginess as well. It only barely edged out in the jagginess department (it was far closer than what i noticed in the Bioshock vs Bioshock). But it completely blew its opponent out of the water with its screen tearing. The difference was severe, to say the least.

MrBubbles doesnt personally like the game ...but if you you are interested in this game and own both systems.... If these enhancements dont appeal to you, you would do well to pick up the Xbox360 version of the game.

Eh, I didn't notice screen tearing at all.

Exclusive DLC > Mr. Bubbles thinks there is screen tearing

Uhm that rumor was busted by EA some time ago....

I'll give a more professional opinion on it later tonight. I doubt many people on the forums (pretty much anyone who isn't a PC gamer) are qualified to actually tell the difference between two such similar games. I'm often saddened by the complete lack of tech knowledge here. Some people even think Far Cry 2 runs well on their consoles.

Far Cry 2 runs very well on the 360. I made a comparison with my brother (who has the PC version). Everything on maximum and besides better AA they were pretty even.

The rumor that was busted that Mirror's Edge was a PS3 exclusive. Which EA debunked.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Just completed the 360 version of the demo. PS3 version is still installing, but here's what I noticed on the 360 version:

FR is pretty sad. 30fps at max, and dips down to as low as 20 (which is very noticeable in a game about speed). Jaggies are everywhere. The buildings, the characters, the little birds flying around. Everything. AA can't be higher than 2X. Screen tearing is reasonably frequent. You should notice it anytime you try to turn the camera quickly while running at a high speed. You'll also notice some minor tearing in the end cutscene after the demo is completed.

If the PS3 version turns out to be worse, I'll be waiting on the PC release. In a game about speed and immersion, these technical issues are severely damaging to the experience.

naznatips said:
Just completed the 360 version of the demo. PS3 version is still installing, but here's what I noticed on the 360 version:

FR is pretty sad. 30fps at max, and dips down to as low as 20 (which is very noticeable in a game about speed). Jaggies are everywhere. The buildings, the characters, the little birds flying around. Everything. AA can't be higher than 2X. Screen tearing is reasonably frequent. You should notice it anytime you try to turn the camera quickly while running at a high speed. You'll also notice some minor tearing in the end cutscene after the demo is completed.

If the PS3 version turns out to be worse, I'll be waiting on the PC release. In a game about speed and immersion, these technical issues are severely damaging to the experience.

IIRC the game has selective AA (360), whilst the PS3 has none.

Also the framerate was higher on the 360 version (Measured, actually he said it was 29.6FPS vs 29.9 FPS on the PS3 but the PS3 version dropped more frames.

Tease.

naznatips said:

I must have some type of blindness, because outside of jaggies, I don't notice anything wrong.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

PS3 version completed. Impressions:

Jaggies are certainly worse on PS3, although bad in both versions. You aren't going to get around bad jaggies on either console.

Framerate again never peaks above 30fps, but I certainly had fewer framerate drops on the PS3 version. Signifficantly so. I have no idea who measured those frames Squilliam, but I know my framerates, and in that demo while I played it the PS3's was far more stable.

Screen tearing was about the same. I didn't count the number of times or anything, but it was frequent enough to be noticeable, just as with the 360. It also happened on fast turns.

Something I hadn't even thought would be different, but absolutely is is load times, which are half as long on PS3 as 360. No idea why, but this is the case.

My summary: 360 you get less jaggies, but more fr drops. PS3 you get more jaggies, but solider framerate and less load times. Both have screen tearing.

My conclusion: If this demo is any indication, don't buy this game on consoles if you have a choice. Wait for the PC version. Maybe we'll be lucky though and the demo is just more flawed than the final game.

Edit: Also there was some odd blue effect on Faith's arm on the 360 version. At first I thought it was part of the game, but having played the PS3 version and thankfully not seeing it, I'm inclined to put this down as a lighting glitch.