By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics nutters please enter.

@outlawauron

he used the worst youtube off screen ,pre-alpha in this thread for KZ2to get his point across ,,,

this is also old and off screen but watch it and see how much better textures are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyQtL6z8PD4

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Squilliam said:

He did make a comparison thread #2 with Gametrailers so you can forgive him for this mistake.

Good! Did he use the same months old video or did he use something recent?

I saw one E3 vid, not sure if offscreen or not. But there were 2 others I didn't watch and my internets only fast enough to really bother watching one.

Also not sure whether the Gears 2 one was offscreen or not, I wasn't really trying to look to closely just give a general impression.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
outlawauron said:
Squilliam said:

He did make a comparison thread #2 with Gametrailers so you can forgive him for this mistake.

I saw one E3 vid, not sure if offscreen or not. But there were 2 others I didn't watch and my internets only fast enough to really bother watching one.

Also not sure whether the Gears 2 one was offscreen or not, I wasn't really trying to look to closely just give a general impression.

lol! Stupid kiwi and your internets.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Squilliam said:
outlawauron said:
Squilliam said:

lol! Stupid kiwi and your internets.

I'll use my lag powers to do DBZ type INSTANT TRANSMISSION and pwn you in Killzone 2. You'll see me on the other size of the map in Blood grouch and then i'll disapear for 30 seconds and appear next to you and blow you away with the shotgun.

Respect the lag biarch!

Tease.

You guys are making me wanna play... xD

Around the Network

Killzone is way ahead of Gears from a tech point. What makes Gears look very competitive is the art style. The very high res textures, with bloom, and overly agressive neon lights is an effect that has been used for a long time. Most people are atracted to it, so it is a good way to make atractive visuals with less power. Killzone 2 has a more natural art style. That is what causes everything to have less pop.

I perfer Killzone over Gears by a little bit, but I can see how a lot of people get suckered in by the lights in Gears. I myself would rather take a screen shot of Gears 2 for my background than a Killzone 2 pic.

So what it all comes down to is what people actually mean when they say graphics are better. I have always thought of better graphics as thouse that are more impressive on a technical front. Perhapps some people think of better graphics on a personal preferance bases. I don't know the official defenition for judging better graphics is. With that said everybody is right on the personal preferance, but from a technical standpoint Killzone 2 is the better graphical game.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

they would have had to remake most of the assets. So my point stands.

? You did see the screenshots of the multiplayer levels comparison between Gears1 and Gears2? All they did remake were some filters and lighting. That Gears came out even earlier makes my point even more valid. Development on Gears has been going on for far longer than development for Killzone2. Not development for Gears2 but development on the whole codebase.

So no your point doesn't stand.

Call of duty 4 imo. GEOW 2 and KZ2 are so damned dark...Where are the colours?