By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSi sells out immediately...

Just had a quick look around for day#1, DSi sales:

http://www.ds-x2.com/index.php?id=12143

"The Nintendo DSi has seen a successful first day with many Japanese retailers reporting in stocks are sold out, some sold out only through preorders.

Nintendo's latest version of the DS, the DSi, has today launched within Japan and surprisingly passed many's expectations regarding sales.

Many retailers within Japan are reporting that many people queued for their own DSi, with some retailers having around 300 people in their queue, with many learning that they queued for nothing as the DSi sold out pretty quick. Some retailers of course sold out before the DSi was placed on shelves due to preordering.

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo's President, also reconfirmed the fact that the Nintendo DSi will be released next year in places like North America and Europe. Along with that the DSi will be made available in several new colors, other than black and white."

No great surprise of course. I'll hunt around for any more news or figures...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Hmmm. How does this compare to day/week 1 sales of the DS Lite?

Just want to know how many their are exactly.

Can't find any news on specific figures. Guess we'll find out in the coming days.

I would expect first shipment to be in the 100k-200k vicinity?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Sounds good. Can't wait to see how much it sold.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network

From what I've read the initial DSi shipment was 200k. So the weekly sales should be about 200k unless they make another shipment this week.

Darc Requiem said:
From what I've read the initial DSi shipment was 200k. So the weekly sales should be about 200k unless they make another shipment this week.

If I remember correctly Nintendo said the first shipment was 200k units and they planned to ship an additional 100k units "the week after". That would mean in two days, I doubt they´ll wait more than a week for the next shipment.

Wow japanesse people can't get enough of the ds.

pretty cool news.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Khuutra said:
Hmmm. How does this compare to day/week 1 sales of the DS Lite?

I read somewhere that day 1 sales of DS Lite were 80k in Japan, because of supply.