By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Enhanced graphics are not important any more

Gentle men dont fight. Enhanced graphics are important, do you want a game with beutiful visuals as heavenly sword or do you want a blocky ps1 game? Dont fight over this for games to be fun they need to look good at the least. Look at banjo kazooie the graphics were perfect. I want the graphics to stay how they are but movement to be enhanced more realiticly.

mM
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Legend11 said:
It's selling like hotcakes because of Wii Sports and will be selling like hotcakes next year because of Wii Fit, because lets be honest if there was no Wii Sports does everyone here actually think it would still be selling like it is even with it's new motion controller? Oh and the price difference likely has something to do with it as well, too bad we couldn't increase the price of the Wii to $499 US and see how quickly it sells out then...

It's really a surprise that a console is selling because of games, isn't it?

That Nintendo's controllers are always tailored to their own games (or is it the other way around, you decide) isn't a surprise either. Consoles sell because of the games and the fun they offer, not because of their hardware specs.

Price is of course a factor, but honestly, did anyone tell Sony or Microsoft that they had to make consoles that have initial prices of $400 respectively $600?

It's not Nintendo's fault that Sony/MS don't know (or forgot) how to be successful in this business. 

Beautiful post.  Completely true.  Legend, you say to raise Wii's price and see how it sells. Ok, and also port Wii sports onto the PS3.  Wii raising its price to 500 dollars and Wii sports being released on every console still wont change things, it may just slow them down.  It was never really the price that sold Wiis.  After all, I wont buy a next gen Atari Jaguar for 100 dollars just because its a hell of alot cheaper than the leading competitors.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

LeroyBrown said:

I was going to post a bunch of witty comeback remarks to your acidic responses, but that would be stooping to your level. I'll let you do your own self-degrading the next time you sign up for yet another bogus account, Gballzack/Ackmed Tepish/LeroyBrown.

Have a good day at being banned.

I still stand by my post, If graphics don't matter then why does each generation get better graphics and sell better then the last generation. The only reason the wii sells is because people are cheap. All you wii fans should just go play with that white waggle cock, or the wii-mote, i keep on forgetting how you spell it. Let the flaming begin.

PS3owner said:
I still stand by my post, If graphics don't matter then why does each generation get better graphics and sell better then the last generation. The only reason the wii sells is because people are cheap. All you wii fans should just go play with that white waggle cock, or the wii-mote, i keep on forgetting how you spell it. Let the flaming begin.

I don't think anyone claims that graphics don't matter. Just that graphics are only one factor. To some it matters much, and to other little... Wii is capable of better graphics than the PS2, and millions of people were satisfied with that.

If the only reason why the wii sells is because people are cheap, then why is the gamecube selling so poorly? It's only $99, but there was only ~1,697 sold last week in America, but ~95,470 Wii systems sold in the same time period. (and the wii number is low, because demand still exceeds supply).

Are the graphics on the wii that much better to make it worth 2.5X the cost, or maybe it's something else? It's obvious it's not price....

Each generation has improved graphics because of minor technological advances.  Moore's law, etc...  Each generation brings something new, but it's not always graphics that is the deciding factor.

Around the Network
jlauro said:

I don't think anyone claims that graphics don't matter.

Ohh plenty on here do.

This topic sucks, it's just a flame fest.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )