By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Weekend Deal: "Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines" 50% off

ssj12 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Computer games are so underhyped on these forums.

I should champion their cause.

how about championing indie PC games.. seriously they get more flack then standard PC games. Honestly my top 10 PC games list is imho damn good but indie games apparently made the list crap... I really hate some members of this site for not trying a game before judging a game. sigh..

Listen to me man. 80 percent of the people on this website are 18 years of age, or below. This community is made up of a bunch of kids. If it wasn't, it would be so fun, because kids fall for everything I throw at them.

That said, kids aren't very astute. They can't examine an argument, and be objective about it, in spite of their own biases. Their logic is all skewed. If there is a game and they doubt they'll ever play it, then that game is dumb.

Now, let me tell you what an intelligent man would tell you about your list here:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2435

Your list was bold. You decided to spurn the common top 10 drudge that most sources would see fit to rattle off, and you gave us a real, opinionated, non-generic list. You introduced me to a couple of games that I will download, Penny Arcade Adventures, and the Telltale games pack. Having the balls to put TOB in second place, makes the list worth a read, by itself. One thing I would've done differently is to boldly expand my list to top 25 computer games of all time. A couple of games that I might have considered for that list are: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Doom, KoToR, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Fallout 2, and Counterstrike(for these lists, the more opinionated and less generic/obvious you are, the better). A choice I agree with is leaving Spore and/or The Sims off that list completely. An under-rated PC games is, imo, Black and White.

Your list was fine. It challenged out expectations, instead of confirming them.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
ssj12 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

how about championing indie PC games.. seriously they get more flack then standard PC games. Honestly my top 10 PC games list is imho damn good but indie games apparently made the list crap... I really hate some members of this site for not trying a game before judging a game. sigh..

Listen to me man. 80 percent of the people on this website are 18 years of age, or below. This community is made up of a bunch of kids. If it wasn't, it would be so fun, because kids fall for everything I throw at them.

That said, kids aren't very astute. They can't examine an argument, and be objective about it, in spite of their own biases. Their logic is all skewed. If there is a game and they doubt they'll ever play it, then that game is dumb.

Now, let me tell you what an intelligent man would tell you about your list here:

Your list was bold. You decided to spurn the common top 10 drudge that most sources would see fit to rattle off, and you gave us a real, opinionated, non-generic list. You introduced me to a couple of games that I will download, Penny Arcade Adventures, and the Telltale games pack. Having the balls to put TOB in second place, makes the list worth a read, by itself. One thing I would've done differently is to boldly expand my list to top 25 computer games of all time. A couple of games that I might have considered for that list are: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Doom, KoToR, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Fallout 2, and Counterstrike(for these lists, the more opinionated and less generic/obvious you are, the better). A choice I agree with is leaving Spore and/or The Sims off that list completely. An under-rated PC games is, imo, Black and White.

Good post. And very true about this site.

Stil wait for the holiday list... I have plans.. I am so going to hate doing the article due to the fact I'm going to be pulling together a top 50 if possible.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ZenfoldorVGI said:
ssj12 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Great post, but can i just nitpick at your Couter-Strike and Black & White points if you so allow, don't read beyond this if you don't want to, I'd hate to tarnish such a good post.

CS is extremely overrated and B&W was a typical Molyneux product with great promises that fall on their face completely, I fully agree with the rest. Though you could have thrown in a Balve and a Blizzard bone in there as well, seeing how they can reach such massive amounts of people (Starcraft and Diablo II are still being sold well).

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:

Great post, but can i just nitpick at your Couter-Strike and Black & White points if you so allow, don't read beyond this if you don't want to, I'd hate to tarnish such a good post.

CS is extremely overrated and B&W was a typical Molyneux product with great promises that fall on their face completely, I fully agree with the rest. Though you could have thrown in a Balve and a Blizzard bone in there as well, seeing how they can reach such massive amounts of people (Starcraft and Diablo II are still being sold well).

Yeah, Warcraft 3, Heros of Might and Magic 3, Starcraft, Diablo II, they'd all make my top 25.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

This game is amazingly good but flawed game.

Buy it now!

Around the Network

Better to buy the hard copy... I don't think the user patches will work right with the game... but you can try... the user patches make the game so much better

Cueil said:
Better to buy the hard copy... I don't think the user patches will work right with the game... but you can try... the user patches make the game so much better

Oh yeah, the user-patch worked with the steam version. 10 bucks for the game, 5.7 patch free. Awesome game. Gonna play it a bit. Certainly is compatible with Vista.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

FaRmLaNd said:

Buy it now!

A ton of those flaws have been fixed by the userpatch. It's huge and all encompassing.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

If you never have played it, it is an AWESOME game. It's just such an interesting and vibrant take on the whole Vampire thing, and 100x better then the first Vampires game (which was an awkward 3rd person party based RPG).

I can't say enough about how much I loved the game from the choice of 7 vampire races with drastically different abilities to the complex morality system to the great characters....its just A+ all the way if you like games like Oblivion/Fallout/Deus EX ect at all. One of the 10 best action RPGs of all time, easily.

For those who never played I recommend playing as a race with the domination line. Being able to cause people to kill themselves as a conversation option or turn commit ritual suicide with their friends in combat is quite fun.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

ZenfoldorVGI said:
FaRmLaNd said:

Buy it now!

A ton of those flaws have been fixed by the userpatch. It's huge and all encompassing.

Too true.

Whilst people are reading this thread, please buy Arcanum, its by the same developers. Its a great truly freeform rpg. You think Oblivion is freeform? Lol to you.