By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamepro - "Killzone 2 may be the best looking FPS ever"

Jackson50 said:
blazinhead89 said:
LOL, whatever, Even if Gears 2 is more detailed (Which it isn't). Killzone2 Gameplay is far far better. Killzone2 Will be THE Shooter to Own

It is not even the shooter to own on the PS3. Resistance 2 is the shooter to own if you have purchased a PS3.

Since he doesn't specify what kind of shooter I'm gonna throw in Left4Dead in there. Zombie game made by developers who have yet to deliver anythign under a 90? Yes please.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

Killzone2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Resistance 2=Gears2

selnor said:
PandaexpressPanda said:
OMG who brought gears 1.5 into this???? please slap yourself now for trying to compare that to these games we are discussing. and alan wake??? wtf it looks like GTA4 at best.

LOL. My sig is Alan Wake in game screenshot. Owned.

interesting you should say that because it doesn't look nearly up to the same level as KZ2 and Heavy rain, BTW the game is coming out on PC also so to use those screens and claim it as the "best looking console game" is very silly :) even though it's obviously not.

PandaexpressPanda said:
selnor said:
PandaexpressPanda said:
OMG who brought gears 1.5 into this???? please slap yourself now for trying to compare that to these games we are discussing. and alan wake??? wtf it looks like GTA4 at best.

LOL. My sig is Alan Wake in game screenshot. Owned.

interesting you should say that because it doesn't look nearly up to the same level as KZ2 and Heavy rain, BTW the game is coming out on PC also so to use those screens and claim it as the "best looking console game" is very silly :) even though it's obviously not.

selnor said for months Far cry 2 would have the best looking console graphics

blazinhead89 said:

It is silly to think that KZ2 is going to >>>>>>>> both of those games. 

Around the Network
MikeB said:

@ selnor

Even looking at the full system Bandwidth of PS3 it totals 48 Gbp/s. Even 360's full system bandwidth is 278 Gbp/s. But seriously dont bother. I would be absolutely fine with installing games with 4 DVD's as well. But I dont think he understands that

Your knowledge of hardware is to be shameful of and nothing to use as insult ammo. Really you add the Xenos internal bandwidth to your figures, that would be like me adding the Cell's bandwidth to the PS3 bandwidth figures (hundreds of GB/s).

Look the bandwidth to the Xenos daughter chip from the shared (with CPU) main RAM is not enough (nomatter what the Xenos' internal bandwidth is), that's the only reason why a high profile 360 exclusive like Halo 3 is only rendering in 640p with HDR but with AA at only 30 FPS. If you were correct games would simply fly on this imaginary console and run circles around gaming PCs. The EDRAM isn't there to add amazing physics or paint more enemies on screen, it's there to add effects like HDR and AA at good framerates.

Dude! Halo 3 is rendered at 60FPS and two frames are used together to do the HDR lighting.

Tease.

Is the graphical detail in the KZ2 Beta representative of the final product?

Tease.

Jackson50 said:
blazinhead89 said:

I Don't think it, I KNOW it

Jackson50 said:
blazinhead89 said:

actually u are silly to think otherwise

Kz2 looks miless better than anything on x360 as well as ps3 baring gow3 and heavy rain

Squilliam said:
Is the graphical detail in the KZ2 Beta representative of the final product?

The Beta at the european expo and also at PSN store is like 6 months old

i repeat 6 months

Guerilla will be showing new KZ2 footage at a special event in czech republic next weekly