By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamepro - "Killzone 2 may be the best looking FPS ever"

selnor said:
blazinhead89 said:
selnor said:
blazinhead89 said:
ALL the Killzone Haters in here, why do you need to Marginalise Killzone ? @Shio Those Shots arent even fair,You posted A dark screenshot of Killzone but next to all the Light Filled Crysis ones, Hardly fair. Killzone 2 will be the KING of all shooters . QUOTE me on This.

I hate to break it to you, KZ2 isnt that detailed or particularly great in graphics. It's clever in effects usage. And I hope youve noticed but KZ2 is consistantly dark. Another thread about KZ2 being awesome in graphics posted screenshots which lacked severly in texture detail. Because the game is dark and has good lighting mixed with other effects such as Blurr it looks better than it is. In stills it pales in comparrison to alot of games.

Not great in Graphics?This is still beta stage.You will eat your words, and there is nothing you (or any 360 fanboy)can do to marginalise Killzone2. What can you do?

I dont need to do anything. The latest Gears 2 trailer shows that against the latest KZ2 trailer it wins. Both are cutscene graphics and the Gears 2 cutscenes are so much more detailed.

Don't forget Alan Wake.

Around the Network

@ selnor

. If they used 1 buffer like KZ2 they sated that they would have done 1080p.

You know very little about the Killzone 2 graphics engine.

http://www.guerrilla-games.com/publications/dr_kz2_rsx_dev07.pdf

BTW, you misunderstood Bungie and yes if Halo 3 lacked AA as well as HDR it could probably have been done in 1080p/30FPS.

The figures you use are really meaninglessly placed out of context, so if Microsoft would make the 360 into a PC add-on card multiplying your PC's "total system bandwidth" by a significant magnitude this would potentially enhance Crysis in what way?

The Xenos is a cheap 2005 chip, cool tech using the EDRAM approach like the PS2 did (where it made sense!). But it's just that, other PC graphics chips lacking EDRAM (and thus the internal bandwidth) run circles around it making solely use of the GDDR3 graphics memory.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I don't get it. Is the reviewer using a hyperbole? unaware of Crysis, and other such PC games? Or just really, really dumb?

selnor said:
blazinhead89 said:
selnor said:
blazinhead89 said:
ALL the Killzone Haters in here, why do you need to Marginalise Killzone ? @Shio Those Shots arent even fair,You posted A dark screenshot of Killzone but next to all the Light Filled Crysis ones, Hardly fair. Killzone 2 will be the KING of all shooters . QUOTE me on This.

I hate to break it to you, KZ2 isnt that detailed or particularly great in graphics. It's clever in effects usage. And I hope youve noticed but KZ2 is consistantly dark. Another thread about KZ2 being awesome in graphics posted screenshots which lacked severly in texture detail. Because the game is dark and has good lighting mixed with other effects such as Blurr it looks better than it is. In stills it pales in comparrison to alot of games.

Not great in Graphics?This is still beta stage.You will eat your words, and there is nothing you (or any 360 fanboy)can do to marginalise Killzone2. What can you do?

I dont need to do anything. The latest Gears 2 trailer shows that against the latest KZ2 trailer it wins. Both are cutscene graphics and the Gears 2 cutscenes are so much more detailed.

LOL, whatever, Even if Gears 2 is more detailed (Which it isn't). Killzone2 Gameplay is far far better. Killzone2 Will be THE Shooter to Own

And Selnor obviously your not doing anything to Marginalise Killzone2. Why come in and say its graphics arent that great?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ Mirson

I will say this again, none of the Alan Wake footage you've seen has been on the 360. And second @ selnor, come on man, Gears 2 will look great but better than Killzone 2? Please look again...errrm no.

What? Because I havent been sucked in by Sony and MikeB you expect me to just think KZ2 must be better? The best I have seen so far is the cavern footage from Gears 2. NOTHING in motion from any KZ2 footage beats that. Unless you can show me somrthing that does. Then it ends.

@MikeB you clearly have no clue do you. I'm not wating my breath. I have posted proof before. Now you never showed anything in return as proff last time. And yet again you claim PS3 is not limited by bandwidth. Even M$ released a 3 page IGN E-mail highlighting why PS3 bandwidth will hurt it. I think I trust a company which has been working with Optimizing software for PC's since DOS. Or Sony who has made PS1 and PS2. Hmmmm

OMG who brought gears 1.5 into this???? please slap yourself now for trying to compare that to these games we are discussing. and alan wake??? wtf it looks like GTA4 at best.

PandaexpressPanda said:
OMG who brought gears 1.5 into this???? please slap yourself now for trying to compare that to these games we are discussing. and alan wake??? wtf it looks like GTA4 at best.

LOL. My sig is Alan Wake in game screenshot. Owned.

@Selnor Thought you didn't like DARK Games?

blazinhead89 said:
LOL, whatever, Even if Gears 2 is more detailed (Which it isn't). Killzone2 Gameplay is far far better. Killzone2 Will be THE Shooter to Own

It is not even the shooter to own on the PS3. Resistance 2 is the shooter to own if you have purchased a PS3.