By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 trailer's Helgan scene was real time!!!

Haven't the trailers that are presented at gaming conventions usually with that level being playable told anybody that it's still using the in-game engine, though still a cut-scene.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Spanx said:
You got impressed seing that video?

"WOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWO its in-game footage, OMFG"

Play Crysis.

tsssss

sorry most of us don't have $1000 of loose cash

Ugh, so tired of seeing these two games compared. Even more annoying that when I see people claim that it's CG, they're not even talking about Crysis.

Spanx said:

Play Crysis.

tsssss

This comment is a good representation of your siggy.

Spanx said:

Play Crysis.

tsssss

Again the Killzone 2 Marginalisers. i Have heard from a few people it craps on The top FPS's.

Not my words but people who have played the beta. ie The F'n BETA is better than finished games.

I can't wait till all those  haters have to eat their words when Killzone2 releases.

Stop with the "Killzone 2 will suck, because Killzone 1 Sucked" crap.

It's new hardware and GG is now under Sony control and are perfecting Killzone2

Killzone 2 will be THE shooter that Takes its crown at the top of the mountain. Quote me

@CGI quality, Why he feels the need to marginalise Killzone2 is beyond me, must be jealousy

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Spanx said:

Play Crysis.

tsssss

Funny you should say that, when the PS3 60gb dropped in 2006, it was $1000AUD RRP ($1099 if bought with resistance and motorstorm).

On topic:

Did anyone seriously believe that the trailer was CGI? It didn't look like CGI to me, the character models aren't as sharp as CGI can be (that was the dead give away for me).

Still, I'm getting more and more impressed with this game, but I remain sceptical about certain parts of the game including:

- Too many scripted sequences (from what I've seen in trailers, I doubt the end game will have all levels like the trailers)

- Lack of originality (You know it's true, but then again, not exactly a bad thing)

- First person cover system (I personally don't think it'll work well in game, and multiplayer either)

- I know people say that in the gameplay video's, the player must be a uncoordinated *expletive*, but the controls don't look tight (I've never seen a video of someone playing this game well, same with Brother in Arms).

- For all it's graphical prowess, I haven't seen as big of a battlefield as we've seen in CoD4, Halo 3 and Resistance, so it's not surprising the game looks good. Even in the supposedly "larger" battlefields, they were about the average MGS4 size of open areas.

Call me a detractor, but it's just an opinion (and if I touch a nerve, you've only allowed me to succeed in my objective, right?)

CAL4M1TY said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Spanx said:

Play Crysis.

tsssss

Funny you should say that, when the PS3 60gb dropped in 2006, it was $1000AUD RRP ($1099 if bought with resistance and motorstorm).

On topic:

Did anyone seriously believe that the trailer was CGI? It didn't look like CGI to me, the character models aren't as sharp as CGI can be (that was the dead give away for me).

Still, I'm getting more and more impressed with this game, but I remain sceptical about certain parts of the game including:

- Too many scripted sequences (from what I've seen in trailers, I doubt the end game will have all levels like the trailers)

- Lack of originality (You know it's true, but then again, not exactly a bad thing)

- First person cover system (I personally don't think it'll work well in game, and multiplayer either)

- I know people say that in the gameplay video's, the player must be a uncoordinated *expletive*, but the controls don't look tight (I've never seen a video of someone playing this game well, same with Brother in Arms).

- For all it's graphical prowess, I haven't seen as big of a battlefield as we've seen in CoD4, Halo 3 and Resistance, so it's not surprising the game looks good. Even in the supposedly "larger" battlefields, they were about the average MGS4 size of open areas.

Call me a detractor, but it's just an opinion (and if I touch a nerve, you've only allowed me to succeed in my objective, right?)

You can't comment on the 'scripted sequences' because you haven't played the game. Wait until you do, then comment.

Killzone 2 is original as FPS' get, you yourself stated it in your next point, a first person cover system in the campaign. That is original.

There is no first person cover system online, so that point doesn't count.

You also can't comment on controls because you haven't played the game.

Have you even watched the latest trailers? There are going to be vehicles and A LOT of enemies on screen at once. This game will be bigger and better than any of the shooters you mentioned.

CAL4M1TY said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Spanx said:

Play Crysis.

tsssss

On topic:

Well if you change it into any currency to twist my words....ofcourse you'll have a point

I was taking about USD....not AUD

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Snaaaaaake said:
CAL4M1TY said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Spanx said:

Play Crysis.

tsssss

On topic:

You can't comment on the 'scripted sequences' because you haven't played the game. Wait until you do, then comment.

Killzone 2 is original as FPS' get, you yourself stated it in your next point, a first person cover system in the campaign. That is original.

There is no first person cover system online, so that point doesn't count.

You also can't comment on controls because you haven't played the game.

Have you even watched the latest trailers? There are going to be vehicles and A LOT of enemies on screen at once. This game will be bigger and better than any of the shooters you mentioned.

Agreed

lwhatee said:
It is just a matter of time before ps3 thrusts a finishing deathblow to competition

U cant just imagine how good this game looks and plays

LOL, kinda hard to 'thrust' a finishing deathblow when you're in 3rd place, wouldn't you say?