By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did anyone else realize that there hasn't been one 360 exclusive above a 9

Paul_Warren said:

"Since you take IGN's word as law, according to your many other trolling posts about Fable 2, then you'll agree that this is true, as well. LBP wasn't even the best game released on the same day, and it looks like GTAIV might outsell it....in Japan. So, tell me, what do you think of these happenings?"

It might not have been the best game released on the same day, but there is only a 1 point difference between Little Big Planet and Fallout 3 at IGN at 95 and 96 respectively which is far smaller than the 7 point difference between LBP and Fable II which according to IGN was only an 88 and not as good as Valkyria Chronicle on the PS3 which was a 90 and Fable II was only one point better than the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata.

Looks like the PS3 version of GTA IV will finish first in Japan with over 300,000 units sold this week (another reason for Rockstar to want to bring the dlc to the PS3 version of GTA IV), and LBP will finish second with over 150,000 units sold in its first week and LBP like a lot of the Wii games and unlike Fable II will have legs.

Good job Sony, the PS3 will have the top 2 spots on the Japanese chart this week.

You missed my point. I was trying to related the IGN isn't the first or last word on anything, and we shouldn't use their whims as our facts.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

So the thread title should really read as follows...

'Has anyone else noticed there has not been a single disc based only Xbox 360 game scored above 9.0 by IGN US this year?'

OMG you are like so correct! I mean the IGN US Xbox staff are the gods of gaming journalists so yeah, shock horror. Only there views should matter.

Oh and screw XBLA games! They should never count as games! They are just...things...

jerseyboy609 said:
SHEESE!! Why are soo many people gettng offended by this thread

I guess we're more so offended by your constant moving of the goal posts. If you used Badassbab's post as a thread title, there'd be no issue.

Hope this helps.

Paul_Warren said:
I noticed the 360 ain't what she used to be and that is why they're announcing the replacement at next Spring's GDC.

FUD like this should be bannable.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Paul_Warren said:
I noticed the 360 ain't what she used to be and that is why they're announcing the replacement at next Spring's GDC.

uh huh....

And I've noticed how the PS3 still ain't half of what the 360 used to be, and you're still stuck with a ps3 next spring.

Zing!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

"uh huh....

And I've noticed how the PS3 still ain't half of what the 360 used to be, and you're still stuck with a ps3 next spring.

Zing!"

Oh two 10's for Grand Theft Auto IV and Metal Gear Solid 4, plus 9.5s for Resistance 2 and Little Big Planet, and a 9.0 for Valkyria Chronicles while the 360 can't manage to get any games other than Arcade titles that have scores higher than the low 9s in one year show the PS3 to be much more than the 360 ever thought of being. And this dominance continues through next Spring when great games like Killzone 2, White Knight Chronicles, and InFamous will all be coming to the PS3 and then beyond with titles like MAG, Heavy Rain, GT5, the 10 version of FFXIII, Versus XIII, God ofWar III, Heavy Rain, and the next titles from Team ICO, Insomniac and Naughty Dog.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:

"uh huh....

Zing!"

Oh two 10's for Grand Theft Auto IV and Metal Gear Solid 4, plus 9.5s for Resistance 2 and Little Big Planet, and a 9.0 for Valkyria Chronicles while the 360 can't manage to get any games other than Arcade titles that have scores higher than the low 9s in one year show the PS3 to be much more than the 360 ever thought of being. And this dominance continues through next Spring when great games like Killzone 2, White Knight Chronicles, and InFamous will all be coming to the PS3 and then beyond with titles like MAG, GT5, the 10 version of FFXIII, Versus XIII, God ofWar III, Heavy Rain, and the next titles from Team ICO, Insomniac and Naughty Dog.

So you're saying 360's and its' good games are cheaper then!

Paul_Warren said:

"uh huh....

Zing!"

Oh two 10's for Grand Theft Auto IV and Metal Gear Solid 4, plus 9.5s for Resistance 2 and Little Big Planet, and a 9.0 for Valkyria Chronicles while the 360 can't manage to get any games other than Arcade titles that have scores higher than the low 9s in one year show the PS3 to be much more than the 360 ever thought of being. And this dominance continues through next Spring when great games like Killzone 2, White Knight Chronicles, and InFamous will all be coming to the PS3 and then beyond with titles like MAG, Heavy Rain, GT5, the 10 version of FFXIII, Versus XIII, God ofWar III, Heavy Rain, and the next titles from Team ICO, Insomniac and Naughty Dog.

lol you mentioned Heavy Rain twice goofy. but your arguement is moot!

Here's the facts:

Nintendo owns Japan.

Microsoft owns America.

Sony owns Europe.

now everybody be happy and move along.

Paul_Warren said:

"uh huh....

Zing!"

GTAIV is a multiplat, and MAG is a talking point. Other than that, your trollish, PS3 zelotry is passable, except for the general assertion that IGN is factual source for game reviews.

One thing I find intersting is how superior every game ever has been to Disgaea 3, according to them. Also, how the 360 exclusive: (Fallout 3, 360 version) is better than any exclusive on the PS3 except MGS4. Afterall, according to IGN, Fallout 3 is two different games. A 9.4 and a 9.6. One is better than LBP, VC, and R2, and the other(PS3 version) is worse.

IGN is just a generic barrier talking point you're trying to use to make the PS3 library look vastly superior. It was bad enough when you were using metacritic, then I perma-owned you on the Fable 2 sales thread, and now it's all about IGNus. What's next?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

"So you're saying 360's and its' good games are cheaper then!"

The 360 is cheaper but its "good games" are far less ambitious in scope than the great games on the PS3.

"lol you mentioned Heavy Rain twice goofy. but your arguement is moot!"

Unlike most upcoming 360 games, Heavy Rain is so good it demands being mentioned twice or maybe even three or four times. It's funny how when people can't argue against facts they have to start using insults and outright dismissals without even presenting any evidence to support them.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8