By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - is MS stockpiling xbox360?

we all know Nintendo is stockpiling Wiis preparing for the Christmas holiday. 

so my first question, is Microsoft also doing the same thing and stockpiling the xbox360s?

if the answer to first question is yes.. then

my second question is the 65Nm version coming out this year?  What does that mean to MS's "old stock" if they are stockpiling them for this Christmas?

Around the Network

no, and probably not this year.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

And I don't know if it's a fact that Nintendo is stockpiling either...but they better be......or else holidays are going to be insane...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yes, they are stockpiling refurbished units by the millions.

FishyJoe said:

I doubt MS is stockpiling, and the 65nm version is rumored to be coming out this fall, most likely first in the 360 Halo SKU with new motherboards(HDMI). 

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

xD Thanks for the chuckle FishyJoe.

Seriously, why would they stockpile, and potentially sell this holiday, MORE faulty hardware? I'm sure they will not start cranking out any major numbers on the hardware front until the "Falcon" drops. They better hope it actually solves their problem. 

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Why would they need to stockpile? There sales are low. Even this holiday season they would have enough 360's in stores to be sold. Nintnedo if stock piling then they might not sell 20million buy march. And the ps3 is selling better than 360 but sony are increasing production hopefully.

mM

I don't think they need to stockpile... is not like 360's are selling out or are hard to find hehe

precisely i dont think MS need to stockpile, sales are low enough already. I dont think the channels will respond positively to another inventory stuffing, now that Wii is at full steam and Pd2 is building momentum.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Well they will probably have an extra 2m of so in the shops at the moment. And it would be daft for them to push through faulty stock...so I reckon they will start pushing through the "falcon" units once they are ready.

They don't need to stockpile as they aren't really selling that well anyway. Although expect a big shipment of new units in time for Halo 3.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)