By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Burnout PSN score 20K Downloads 3 weeks

FilaBrasileiro said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ hapimeses, well the free DLC is certainly a great idea, and apparently EA are going to keep that going to stop trade ins, I believe the PS3 exclusive ME DLC is going to be free

What are you talking about?

What don't you understand? The bit where EA are trying to convice people not to trade-in their copy of Burnout: Paradise because they release quality updates for the game? Or the bit explaining the new PS3-exclusive material for the game is also going to be free? It all seems fairly transparent to me.

If it's the PS3-exclusive material itself that you're querying -- as I mentioned in my previous post, the official US PS blog has some details about that.

And, in reply to Munkeh111: I agree completely. I think the DLC model is a great idea. I just hope it works, as the alternatives (having to pay for all the DLC, such as is the case for many other games) are far less palatable.

Around the Network

@ hapimeses, it saves us money, and it cuts down on the second hand market, which it seems it hurting the industry to a degree, and so for me, it is a win win situation! I really hope other devs follow EA's example, they are completely changing my opinion of them with them releasing quite a few very good looking games

Pretty good sales.  In comparison it sold 12,244 retail copies in the three weeks after the PSN release, and 14,524 copies in the three weeks before.

Munkeh111 said:
@ hapimeses, it saves us money, and it cuts down on the second hand market, which it seems it hurting the industry to a degree, and so for me, it is a win win situation! I really hope other devs follow EA's example, they are completely changing my opinion of them with them releasing quite a few very good looking games

I couldn't agree more. EA lost me some time ago, but several of its recent choices have slowly dragged my begrudging respect back out from the gutter, and yesterday I'm sure I spotted them shaking hands. I never thought I'd see the day I'd be hoping other devs would follow EA's lead, but I have, as their (what I hope are wise) choices have lead to the win-win you mention, and I'm happy with that.

Oh, and for those of you saying they'll inevitably stifle the second-hand market, and that's a bad thing as you buy most games second-hand: well, I don't, so it's no skin off my nose; and I'd rather have the free content, thanks very much.

Hapimeses said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ hapimeses, well the free DLC is certainly a great idea, and apparently EA are going to keep that going to stop trade ins, I believe the PS3 exclusive ME DLC is going to be free

What don't you understand? The bit where EA are trying to convice people not to trade-in their copy of Burnout: Paradise because they release quality updates for the game? Or the bit explaining the new PS3-exclusive material for the game is also going to be free? It all seems fairly transparent to me.

If it's the PS3-exclusive material itself that you're querying -- as I mentioned in my previous post, the official US PS blog has some details about that.

And, in reply to Munkeh111: I agree completely. I think the DLC model is a great idea. I just hope it works, as the alternatives (having to pay for all the DLC, such as is the case for many other games) are far less palatable.

No, I got confused because ME for me stands for Mass Effect, what's this ME you guys are talking about?

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
Hapimeses said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Munkeh111 said:

No, I got confused because ME for me stands for Mass Effect, what's this ME you guys are talking about?

They're talking about the DLC for Mirror's Edge.