By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Financial Results Briefing (Mid-Term Ended September 2008)

36 million sellers? vgchartz has wii at 29

vgchartz has 3rd parties at 14 million sellers while this has it at 21, vgchartz got the 1st party number dead on at 15, but it looks like there is way more 3rd party million sellers. Perhaps it's time to start guessing.

Again wii is ahead of the other system is 3rd party sales, even so lack of 3rd party sales argument will never die.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

how does this thread go unnoticed. Tons of new info in here, needs a bump.

johnsobas said:

vgchartz has 3rd parties at 14 million sellers while this has it at 21, vgchartz got the 1st party number dead on at 15, but it looks like there is way more 3rd party million sellers. Perhaps it's time to start guessing.

Again wii is ahead of the other system is 3rd party sales, even so lack of 3rd party sales argument will never die.

1) The Wii is actually selling less 3rd party than the Ps3. So far in 2008, there's a pretty decent lead for Ps3.

2) They have shipped data. VGChartz has sold data. All of the following titles are likely to have shipped 1M, but not sold 1M.

Cooking Mama: Cook off - 830K without PAL

Lego Indiana Jones - 790K

Naruto Clash of Ninja - 830K

Deca Sports - 890K

The Simpsons Game - 780K

And there's probably two more that have, but haven't sold more than perhaps 600K yet. VGChartz is pretty close here.

3) I don't see how there's tons of new info, pretty much just a confirmation that VGChartz is correct.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
johnsobas said:

1) The Wii is actually selling less 3rd party than the Ps3. So far in 2008, there's a pretty decent lead for Ps3.

2) They have shipped data. VGChartz has sold data. All of the following titles are likely to have shipped 1M, but not sold 1M.

Deca Sports - 890K

The Simpsons Game - 780K

And there's probably two more that have, but haven't sold more than perhaps 600K yet. VGChartz is pretty close here.

3) I don't see how there's tons of new info, pretty much just a confirmation that VGChartz is correct.

How do you get PS3 selling more 3rd party software than wii this year?  This report has wii way ahead in the US, just a peek at european charts shows wii 3rd party games all over week after week.  Japan is Japan.

Europe:

A: 360: Hardware price cut
B: PS3: GT5:Prologue released
C: Wii: Mario Kart Wii released
D: Wii: Wii Fit Released
E: PS3: GTA IV released
E: 360: GTA IV released
F: Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl released
G: PS3: 80Gb model released
H: 360: Hardware price cut
H: 360: FIFA 09 released
H: PS3: FIFA 09 released

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
koffieboon said:
@BKK2: Will you also add up all the weeks in the weekly chart? It is probably for all of Europe for as far as possible instead of only the major European countries.

Maybe, but that's 123 different values to pixel count compared to only 4 for the YTD chart. It's a lot of work considering we don't know what countries are included and the only source given is Nintendo. We should have GfK numbers for Italy and Switzerland soon which we can add when we get them.

They have LTD charts for PS3, Wii, and DS, but Europe seems to be missing some countries.

I think someone already did some pixel counting when we got similar charts 6 months ago. Of course it will miss the data from the last 6 months, but it might at least mean the first 3 months don't need to get counted again.

I'm a bit surprised about the chart showing PS2 at only 32 million sold in Europe, I'm pretty sure earlier released numbers put it a lot higher, so you're right that it must be missing certain parts of Europe. Does anybody know in which European countries Gfk covers the videogame industry?

Some useful data on this one, final NPD figures for GBA & GameCube. I last had NGC at 11.5m and GBA at 35m, so NGC put on an extra 300k and GBA put on an extra 1.3m since NPD stopped publicly reporting sales for them. NGC sold 13k and GBA 75k in their last publicly released months. GBA probably still sells a small amount now, but Nintendo hasn't shipped any to Americas since last year.

Thx to BKK & crho, nice work. ;)

Semi-annual Financial Results Briefing (Text - English)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/081031/index.html

johnsobas said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
johnsobas said:

Deca Sports - 890K

The Simpsons Game - 780K

How do you get PS3 selling more 3rd party software than wii this year?  This report has wii way ahead in the US, just a peek at european charts shows wii 3rd party games all over week after week.  Japan is Japan.

Sigh, look at the data instead of just stating stupid nonsense please.

Wii Software in 2008: 94.7M

Ps3 software in 2008: 47.8M

Wii 1st party software in 2008: ~ 62.4M

Ps3 1st party software in 2008: ~ 8.5M

By this, we can get

Wii 3rd party software in 2008: 32.3M

Ps3 3rd party software in 2008: 39.3M

I may be wrong, but I have always that 39.3 was a bigger number than 32.3.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS