By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - games to get for 360!

At the moment i only have a Wii and i love it but  i'm soon to buy a 360 seeing as the recent price cuts make it affordable. Could anyone give me advice on what good games to get with the console, what is a good starter game? (apart from Halo3)

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Around the Network

Fable 2.

Mass Effect.

Bioshock.

The last two should be very cheap as well.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

What i suggested on a post similar to this not long ago was to start at the beginning, Buy the games that came out the earliest for the 360 because they will now all be dirt cheap, So you could get the good 2005 games like Condemned: criminal origins and Project gotham racing 3, Then when you have finished those you could move on to the games that came out between mid 2006 to mid 2007, Games like Gears of war, Crackdown, Dead rising and Saints row 1 (and these will obviously all be cheap now aswell), And then to finish off you can get the hits from late last year and up until summer this year , games like call of duty 4, Mass effect , bioshock , Ninja gaiden 2 and lost odyssey

mmmmmmmmm im not sure i agree there Ronster i mean i cud just get GoW2 when it comes out. Mass effect looks the best so far.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Earth Defense Force 2017, co-op bug blasting zaniness,
Strangle hold, Spiritual sequel to John Woo's awesome Hardboiled, Action, Action, and more action, plus you really get to wreck up the place.
Dead Space, Best Single player game this year in my opinion, basically resident evil 4 in space

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Not sure what games your interested in, but ill suggest some...

Racing: Forza 2
Shooters: Gears, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4
RPG: Lost Odyessy, Tales, Mass Effect, Fable 2
Action: Ninja Gaiden 2

First of all I would like to thank you for having a games collection created. This is simply a must for those who are going to ask for recommendations. They give other users a better appreciation of your tastes.

From your appreciation of Zelda I would highly recommend both Fable titles. They are weaker on the puzzle elements, but the combat elements have greater depth. The over worlds have a similar layout, and you will find many elements you are familiar with. I would also recommend Infinite Undiscovery which is a real time JRPG that falls within a similar matrix. All three of these titles are shorter then the typical Zelda game through the main play through, but if your not looking to have your hand held they offer a greater variation of things to do.

I would also recommend Assassins Creed. However it falls more between a role playing game, and a platforming game. However sword play is a major facet of the game, and so is environmental exploration. This game should clock you around fifty hours, and well over a hundred with the side items. Also in this category I would place Crackdown. Which is basically a platforming title on steroids. While it is focused strongly on fighting, and gun play the title is really all about massive jumps, running super fast, and hurling large objects at enemies. Both titles are very much platforming titles with a harder edge to them.

Which brings me to the more traditional platforming games available which I gather you like from the number of Mario titles you have. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is probably the best title you could get. I would also recommend the predecessor if you have a hard drive, and of coarse Kameo, or Conkers Bad Fur day if you can find a copy. Rare is a top notch platforming game developer. So the titles have a very good polish to them.

@ dodece, I don't think I played Assassin's Creed for 50 hours to get to 1000g, more like 25

I got one recently with Ace Combat 6, Assassin's Creed, BLIC 2007, Gears of War, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect

I would certainly recommend Gears and Mass Effect, and LO if you are into jRPGs, and they will be cheap

In terms of more recent games, Fable II and the very shortly upcoming GeoW 2 are must haves

bobbo19 said:
mmmmmmmmm im not sure i agree there Ronster i mean i cud just get GoW2 when it comes out. Mass effect looks the best so far.

Fair enough, Was only a suggestion, and was trying to save you money during these hard times we are all going through, Just pointing out that due to its back catalogue your bound to have fun on your 360 for many months and years to come

And gears 2 has to be a day 1 purchase......... no denying that

@Munkeh111

I actually spent somewhere just north of forty hours on Assassins Creed myself. You have to make margin with estimates. Especially when the game in question has a sandbox environment. The game does not have a linear design, and has multiple paths to accomplishment depending on how you go about your missions.

I would also have to call bullshit on getting 1000g in just twenty five hours. I doubt it is possible to both finish the game and accumulate all the collectibles even with a guide in that time frame, and if you did use a guide shame on you. Not saying you did not get the points, but I think your memory has slimmed the time table down dramatically.

I also made it a point to not include dedicated shooters, because the original posters collection has only one shooter. Which honestly given the title Red Steel was probably more an I need something to play rather then a top choice. I also bought Red Steel after I got my Wii, but at the time there was nothing else to pick up.