By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If the 22nd Amendment didn't exist, would you vote for Pres. Bush?

22nd ammendment? Isn't that the one that repealed prohibition?

If I didn't vote for him sober the first two times he ran, i don't see how a third time could make me vote for him.

Oddly if he could run for a third term I think McCain would of won the election though.

None of the "Just like Bush" stuff would of actually stuck if you had Bush with his actual polcies out there.

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Wait, Bush is anti-terror? Then why does he NOT GIVE A SHIT about finding Bin Laden, the world's most infamous terrorist and mastermind of the world's greatest terrorist attack, responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans?

AAAAAHAHHHAHAHAHAH oh shit HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAhahahhaha oahahaha hahahahaahaha

:::laughs self off of computer, out of library, and all the way to class:::

Hate to break it to you but u but the attacks inside Pakistan and Syria as of late and Iranian black ops are doing just that.  Afghanistan is like 1000 smaller Mt. Everests, man.

You mean like, regular mountains?

Bush is probably the worst president US ever had. About Bill Clinton, I'd like to see him in office again too

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Wait, Bush is anti-terror? Then why does he NOT GIVE A SHIT about finding Bin Laden, the world's most infamous terrorist and mastermind of the world's greatest terrorist attack, responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans?

AAAAAHAHHHAHAHAHAH oh shit HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAhahahhaha oahahaha hahahahaahaha

:::laughs self off of computer, out of library, and all the way to class:::

Ok so not catching bin Laden equates to Bush not being anti-terror?  Your logic is astounding.  The region is extremely mountainous so it's a needle in a haystack type situation.  Whether he's found or not, bin Laden has been hiding for his life for the past 7 years so he's clearly not able to be the terrorist he once was.

Bush's record is largely void of accomplishments. He did a pretty good job keeping the country secure, although he handled it about as poorly as possible, and the American public hates him for it. He pretty much tarred and feathered America's good name across the world as well. At least Obama might undo some or all of that damage.

But other than that he has done very little good for America unless you are in the top tax brackets. His education reforms have been a joke, ask anyone who works in education. He rolled back a lot of the advances in environmental reform. He did little or nothing to fix the Social Security and healthcare problems. He turned the Supreme Court further right (which is a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it). He handled Katrina very poorly, (but at least handled the most recent hurricane adequately well).

But the worst thing he did was how he tried to usurp so many powers of the other branches of government. Such levels of "cronyism" in his appointments to judicial positions and his abuse of power over the U.S. Attorney's office has been unprecedented. Bush tried to circumvent the Constitution at every step of the way.  He turned the federal government into his own political plaything.

Bush is a perfect example of what not to do as a President unless you want the American people to hate you. He went from record approval ratings to record approval ratings (highest approval to lowest approval). I am not sure if he has bottomed out to Nixon's nadir yet, but he is within 1-2% points if he hasn't already.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
akuma587 said:

Bush's record is largely void of accomplishments. He did a pretty good job keeping the country secure, although he handled it about as poorly as possible, and the American public hates him for it. He pretty much tarred and feathered America's good name across the world as well. At least Obama might undo some or all of that damage.

But other than that he has done very little good for America unless you are in the top tax brackets. His education reforms have been a joke, ask anyone who works in education. He rolled back a lot of the advances in environmental reform. He did little or nothing to fix the Social Security and healthcare problems. He turned the Supreme Court further right (which is a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it). He handled Katrina very poorly, (but at least handled the most recent hurricane adequately well).

But the worst thing he did was how he tried to usurp so many powers of the other branches of government. Such levels of "cronyism" in his appointments to judicial positions and his abuse of power over the U.S. Attorney's office has been unprecedented. Bush tried to circumvent the Constitution at every step of the way.  He turned the federal government into his own political plaything.

Bush is a perfect example of what not to do as a President unless you want the American people to hate you. He went from record approval ratings to record approval ratings (highest approval to lowest approval). I am not sure if he has bottomed out to Nixon's nadir yet, but he is within 1-2% points if he hasn't already.

Completly untrue.  The Gini index under Bush has had the lowest growth rates since reagan.

The gap between the rich and poor hasn't changed much at all.

The Bush tax cuts actually made the tax code MORE progressive.... according to the tax policy center.

At "best", you could say Bush did almost nothing for everybody... and the least for the rich.

When it comes to the Gap between the rich and poor.  Bush has been a better president then either Carter or Clinton.

Kasz216 said:
akuma587 said:

Completly untrue.  The Gini index under Bush has had the lowest growth rates since reagan.

The Bush tax cuts actually made the tax code MORE progressive.... according to the tax policy center.

At "best", you could say Bush did almost nothing for everybody... and the least for the rich.

When it comes to the Gap between the rich and poor.  Bush has been a better president then either Carter or Clinton.

Fair enough.  That point isn't essential to my argument, so I'll just let you have it.

But none of his substantive policies outside of the economic realm have accomplished much, if anything in terms of something lasting.  Even his anti-terrorism policies have been mired in their own excesses (torture, circumvention of constitutional rights, unnecessary military intervention).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Kasz216 said:
akuma587 said:

Fair enough.  That point isn't essential to my argument, so I'll just let you have it.

But none of his substantive policies outside of the economic realm have accomplished much, if anything in terms of something lasting.  Even his anti-terrorism policies have been mired in their own excesses (torture, circumvention of constitutional rights, unnecessary military intervention).

Oh yeah, he's a really crappy president.... but still I perfer people getting trashed for the right reaons.

The gap between the rich and the poor and Africa are about his only acomplishments i can think of.

Well and faith based funding i guess.  A lot of people seem to like it...(like Obama.) even if i don't.

Seriously...whoever thinks wars are even a weapon against terrorism is really delusional. Terrorist are willing to die anyways, and the more you kill the more the fear of America builds, the more terrorist exist.

You need to educate and use operatives to fight terrorism...many things I would think we do already. Also we can coarse those in power to do more about terrorism, but the US going to war with a country and not killing every living inhabitant will just breed more terrorism.

Its an ideology, much like being a conservative or a liberal. So you need to either convince people their opinion is wrong, or kill them all. But invasion and occupation is the LAST thing you would want to do against terrorist inhabiting a certain country.

Jandre002 said:
Seriously...whoever thinks wars are even a weapon against terrorism is really delusional. Terrorist are willing to die anyways, and the more you kill the more the fear of America builds, the more terrorist exist.

You need to educate and use operatives to fight terrorism...many things I would think we do already. Also we can coarse those in power to do more about terrorism, but the US going to war with a country and not killing every living inhabitant will just breed more terrorism.

Its an ideology, much like being a conservative or a liberal. So you need to either convince people their opinion is wrong, or kill them all. But invasion and occupation is the LAST thing you would want to do against terrorist inhabiting a certain country.

And you need to educate yourself on Wahhabism.  Whether or not we fight them is irrelavent they will hit us hard, war or not, even subverting their Islamic identity to do so.