By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable II - One of the greatest endings of all time (SPOILERS)

noslodecoy said:
*gasp* I just noticed this isn't in makingmusic's "The Official Fable II Thread of Awesomesauce and Win" and is instead a new topic!

Nah, I kid ;)

This thread is made specifically for spoilers, the other isn't. 

Around the Network
kopboi said:
Am I the only one that thinks fable 2 story-line suck a lot .I mean the first one storyline was expect this one was week and predicable and never really got started.I was very disappointed especially wen i could of got gears of war 2

No, most people hated Fable 2's ending, I'd imagine. IMO, it's because they lack insight and understanding of what makes an ending good. Their expectations were challenged, and they hated it. These people are your usual popcorn movie entheusiast who loved Transformers and Spiderman 3. They also just go gaga for a happy ending, and anything that doesn't conform to their expectations, is frowned upon.

Newsday said this about Brotherhood:

Verne Gay:

"Brotherhood" is sharply written... Nevertheless, a heavy air of predictability hangs over "Brotherhood," which has a tendency to confirm viewer expectations instead of challenging them.

That's the real issue at the divide between reviewers and a general audience. A general audience wants fluff. They actually WANT their expectations to be met, and not challenged. Verne writes this as a negative, when in actuallity, audiences love shows that conform to their expectations. In a videogame, all you really are is an audience, if you throw all the gamer elitism aside, and Fable 2 didn't confirm expectations, it destroyed them, and that my friend...is great gaming.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Sigh.

I'm going to scramble together the money for the Mansion, then finish the archeologist then start again.

Stupid Molyneux with his stupid morality.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Game design and writing revision are taking strides to become the Hollywood replacements and not their lacky counterparts...

Great insight twes.

I just finished the game, and I thought I shot Lucien myself. As soon as his barrier was gone I just shot him and he fell of the edge... I liked that ending, I thought it was appropriate. I chose to get my dog back, I couldn't imagine going without them.

If you had a family did Lucien kill them as well? One of my wives divorced me, and the other one had an unfortunate accident....

Also, I was slightly confused what happened after hero hill. First of Lucien called the you (the chosen one in my case!) an only child like him, and then you go through time? Was that what the power of the other heroes allowed you to do? I assume the magic box reversed that process

Around the Network

I played as honest as possible, but I put a bullet in Lucien's head without hesitation. Bastard shot my sister! I read previous posts about the disappointing ending, and I must admit that I totally disagreed. Like it was said before, what you get out of Fable 2 is equal to what you put into it. I took my time and put a lot into it. Glad you guys appreciate it too.