By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has FFXIII targetting Japan, GT5 targetting Euro. What about US???

Sony has plenty of games going to the West. The shooters (KZ2, R2, MAG), GoW3, GT5 are more than enough.

It's Japan that's getting nothing. FF13 alone won't cut it.

Around the Network

Will WKC help PS3 this Christmas in Japan? I am not so sure, probably will sell 200K and thats it. RE5 and Versus should also help in Japan.

I'm sorry but GT is HUGE in NA as well

but yeah....in the end its EU targeted

for NA SONY has its shooters

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I guess they don't have anything comparable to FFXIII in Japan or GT5 in Europe in the US. I'm not sure if they need to either, as MS has only Halo and it's the only 360 game comparable to FFXIII in Japan or GT5 in Europe. If we're asking what Sony has in the US, we should also ask what MS has outside the US. Not exactly the point of this thread but I think it's a fair comparison.

Anyway, if Sony doesn't have a single huge hit, they'll have a few smaller ones like Resistance 2 and Killzone 2. God of War III will see most of its sales in the US, though, so if they hype it properly and enough, it might become pretty big (not to say it isn't already, but even bigger). Still, I doubt it.

GTA used to be the NA targeted game..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

The shooters are aimed at america...resistance 2 is even set there!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

"What about US?" ... Well,you can`t have them all... Kratos has a lot of work to do...

I don't think equating the potential success of the shooters in NA for Sony with the potential success of GT5 and FFXIII in Europe and Japan respectively is intelligent.

The problem is, Microsoft has the US shooter crowd locked up, whereas they do not have the Europe racer crowd or the Japanese JRPG crowd locked up.

MAG is a LONG way off, Killzone 2 has been relegated to the sales dead zone (regardless of whether it is any good, there is a limit too how many systems it can sell in February). And Resistance 2 isn't going to bring in anyone that doesn't already have Resistance 1. Furthermore it is unlikely the Ps3 will receive a price cut prior to March (end of Sony's financial year) as the company doesn't want to loose too much.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
I don't think equating the potential success of the shooters in NA for Sony with the potential success of GT5 and FFXIII in Europe and Japan respectively is intelligent.

The problem is, Microsoft has the US shooter crowd locked up, whereas they do not have the Europe racer crowd or the Japanese JRPG crowd locked up.

MAG is a LONG way off, Killzone 2 has been relegated to the sales dead zone (regardless of whether it is any good, there is a limit too how many systems it can sell in February). And Resistance 2 isn't going to bring in anyone that doesn't already have Resistance 1. Furthermore it is unlikely the Ps3 will receive a price cut prior to March (end of Sony's financial year) as the company doesn't want to loose too much.

MAG is not a LONG way off, it is next year. Why is KZ 2 in the sales dead zone, GTA and MGS managed to move masses of hardware out of season, and I know they are much larger franchises, but KZ 2 will move some consoles, and having that game on the console will help people make their decision come chirstmas

Resistance 2 has improved in every way over R1, and people who bought the console for R1 would have been early adopters, R2 is going to have better reviews (well it has so far) and so will move a good number of consoles, though we only have a week to find out

USA are quite big and various, and Wii proved that (admittedly big) bunch of shooters not to be the majority, so maybe they try to target that market with all their combined offer and adding their exclusives and peculiarities, instead of sticking to a few clichés. Why Americans should choose PS3 if it becomes a copy of XB360? Each console must have something of its own to distinguish itself to succeed, IMHO.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!