By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - nintendo wii = console with the worst games in 2008.

The Thread creator is correct, if we are basing it on amount of games getting a ertain rating PS3 + 360 have a lot more.

Around the Network

Brawl and Mario Kart Wii are the good ones for me, Wii Fit is Wii Sports with a balance board, so i got it for party stuff, i don't care about Wii Music because i got my music tools with my real instruments, and for virtual instruments GH/RB already have my attention...

So i don't consider 2008 bad for the Wii, but for me it would be more enyojable if some titles shown by the 3rd party at Tokyo Game Show would made the cut for E3 (Although it would be enough for me if Iwata and Reggie did the conference without the insane assistant XD )...

Wii had some good games in 2008 and the Wii sold lots of consoles in 2008.

tuoyo said:
Menago KF said:
I think that Wii had the best software in 2008 since we still keep seeing those titles in the top 5 and top 10 after all these months. But it's just a matter of opinion

I feel they should have spaced out their blockbusters a bit more.  Wii Fit (not something I am interested in but clearly the biggest blockbuster ever), Mario Kart and Brawl came out to close to each other. 

I don't understand this argument. If I could choose between having Kart, Brawl, Wii Fit, Galaxy, and all the other big Nintendo games available to me at launch, with no loss of quality, vs. having to wait months and months to buy them just so they can be "spaced out" I would pick the first option every time. Sure I may not be able to buy them all right away, but Nintendo games stay on shelves for almost the entire generation, so I can then buy them at my own pace.

Sure Nintendo sales might get hurt a bit by doing that hence why they space them out a bit, but I think they definitly spaced them out far enough, as sales for all are phenominal, and they are still going.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

ok guess it does but so did PS2 from year 2001-2008.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Best first half, weakest second half.

I think nintendo are looking the strongest for the first half of 09.

I think 3rd parties are the ones who should be kicking themselves. Nintendo gave them an obvious gap for a major hardcore game or two.

If Sega released Madworld or House of the Dead Overkill ...or Capcom did a new Wii Resident Evil (even an Umbrella Chronicles sequel) they could have cleaned up (if they backed the titles with a big ad campaign).

Lots of Wii money left on the table this year by 3rd parties.

The Wii have the most diversity in your library with good and bad games.

nordlead said:
tuoyo said:
Menago KF said:
I think that Wii had the best software in 2008 since we still keep seeing those titles in the top 5 and top 10 after all these months. But it's just a matter of opinion

I feel they should have spaced out their blockbusters a bit more.  Wii Fit (not something I am interested in but clearly the biggest blockbuster ever), Mario Kart and Brawl came out to close to each other. 

I don't understand this argument. If I could choose between having Kart, Brawl, Wii Fit, Galaxy, and all the other big Nintendo games available to me at launch, with no loss of quality, vs. having to wait months and months to buy them just so they can be "spaced out" I would pick the first option every time. Sure I may not be able to buy them all right away, but Nintendo games stay on shelves for almost the entire generation, so I can then buy them at my own pace.

Sure Nintendo sales might get hurt a bit by doing that hence why they space them out a bit, but I think they definitly spaced them out far enough, as sales for all are phenominal, and they are still going.

Well most hard core Nintendo fans will buy them as soon as they come out not at their own pace.  So many people bought Brawl in April or whenever it came out in Europe (or Mario Kart  at that time for those in America) and since then there has been nothing new to play.  8 months without a new game is a long time.  The only thing that has come out in that period is Disaster Day of Crisis and we can hardly compare that to Fable II, Fallout, Gears 2, etc.  In fact it is going to be way longer than 8 months because there is unlikely to be anything amazing in January. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

its quite wierd how Q1 2009 has soooo many good wii games coming compared to Q4 2008

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

no, Wii had the best games in 2008, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart and Wii Fit is more than enough!

not to mention, WarioLand, De Blob, Animal Crossing, Tales of Symphonia 2,

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!