By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the 360 vs PS3 hate?

What i mean by this a lot of people on the site seem to pick sides bettwen the two consles. I think this should end we should be happy for both of them. I mean they are both HD consles the future of cammming is going to be on consles like these amazing graphics and games that we thought we would never see till this gen. Both consles are amazing.

I just think the hate for ech should end i know that the race for 2nd place is fun to watch i like it too. IDK mabey i have no idea what im talking about but whatever.

GO HD CONSLES!!

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

^ Show some more support! Where is your PS3?

GO HD CONSOLES!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

1 word: fanboys

I want to get one but i dont have the money i am really looking forward to God of War 3 i loved 1 and 2

^You need one so you can get slapped around and covered in lobster stickers in LBP.

Hmmm... maybe even have your face covered in donkey tails.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

if this will end the annoying graphics comparisons for every multiplatform game then go ahead and kiss and make out lol i mean make up hahaha

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I think one factor that may lead to more bitterness this gen in comparrison to other times is the fact that these two businesses have established themselves (and in a large scale) elsewhere before coming onto the VG market.
i.e.
Microsoft is hated the world over for their nonsense as a software company and (fake)* OS provider. SONY as an electronics provider. My point is that for me I hated both companies before they were in videogames. I hated Microsoft for essentially making us pay for OSs that were originally free and that Bill Gated made millions then billions commiting fraud on contracts which any normal person would have seen jail time for. Their software has always been buggy and shoddy and requires several releases and hundreds of dollars for those bugs to be fixed and new ones to arrise.
Also I am 100% convinced spyware came out of Microsoft's Business Offices. When you understand how it works and what it needs to do, Microsoft Source code had to have been used in it's creation. There are only two living people besides Bill with access to it. No, I don't believe cyber vandals are to blame either.

SONY I have hated all my life because MY Personal Experience with them as a company is this. They make something that looks nice and has cool features but, the damn things break so easily that a SONY product will never last, their worksmanship sucks. My father has owned several SONY devices only one of them lasted longer than a year, that was his expensive ass stereo system, which two parts of it broke in 4 years and none of it lasted over 9 years.
I myself owned a few sony products (outside the playstation) and nothing lasted longer than a year. Meanwhile Every single Philips Brand product I have ever bought in my entire life still works fine to this day (I am 25, My first Philips/Magnavox product I got when I was 13) 12 years + never one breakdown.

SO my point is that in some cases people already hate the company for another reason and can't see past it when dealing with videogames. Personally the Playstation model is the only console I have ever owned thats so ridiculous that you need to flip the dumbass thing upside-down for it to play properly and the ports go bad easilly too. and I'll admit my 360 is buggy and I'm not happy withthat either. To me there's no excuse for that.

JUST TO MAKE CLEAR. I am not saying this is the reason or even close to most of the reason. I am just sayng this probably adds to it.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

* Windows is actually not a real OS. This is true because it doesn't interact with the hardware as firmware. It used to use DOS for that and now it uses a different program for it.

Basically Windows is a program that translates utilities to act as an OS.

One of the reasons why BSODs are a usual occurance.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

I hate both the Xbox 360 and PS3 for not being friends.

Tease.

^ Hehe