By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the 360 vs PS3 hate?

Picking sides is stupid. When you pick sides you're still losing on all of the great games the other side offers. I think the console war needs to be fought between companies, and we gamers should stop fighting over something that's supposed to be fun.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Around the Network

I agree with you 100%. PS3 and 360 are both great syatems. I have owned both since their respective launches and enjoyed both of them. The PS3 is obviously my favorite between the two, but I wish both success. The only reason I get a little upset sometimes is because IMO the PS3 is the best value on the market. So to me if people are only going to get one HD console, PS3 is the best option. When it does not go this way I really feel bad for people, because I don't think some of them understand exatcly what they are buying into.

The only console I hate is the Wii. I think PS3/360 fanboys trying to prevent sales to the other console need to stop, and think about the bigger picture. Even though I perfer to see people choose PS3, I would rather see them pick up a 360 than a Wii. So far this gen I have played Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Kung Fu Panda, Metriod 3, and a few other lesser projects on the Wii. Only the two Wii titled games offered somthing I can not get from PS3 or 360. Even most of the stuff on thouse two games could easly be outdone with the Sixaxis.

From my experiance the Wii has added nothing to this generation that the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube were not capable of last gen. In fact Eyetoy Play was everything Wii sports/play is. I have never been a fan of being happy with were things are. Progress is a must, and it should not be an option to perform otherwise. Wii is otherwise. It does not have a quantum leap in any area of gaming, be it controls, graphics, online, or playability. PS3/360 should be hailed by all HD fans. We should be working together to make sure we continue to move forwards.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

To be honest, im a little hurt by the fact that both DMJ and Starcraft refuse to add me to PSN. WTF is up with that crap?

Actually Makingmusic476 says that im actually a closet PS3 fanboy because any time we talk about game differences etc between the two im always saying that I like how the PS3 renders, prefer the face buttons on the controller, prefer the D-Pad etc.

My family uses PSN, my Brother especially so what am I to do but use PSN myself?

I think my opinion on the PS3/360 issues have evolved considerably since my time here on Vgchartz. If there are multiplatform differences im more disapointed than interested in any points scoring. Of course I still take time to remember them whenver they happen in case the 360 gets dissed.

Tease.

Last gen it was basically the same thing, but between Xbox and Gamecube fans. Some people treat their console's manufacturer like they would a sports team, and want it to "win". Since first place was/is out of the question, fans focus on the battle for second place instead. Hating on the other console is their way of cheering on their own console.

Yes, it's stupid.

I think the hate began when the PS3 launched and many where underwhelmed and outraged at the Price. This was at a time when Blu-Ray seemed useless, the Cell Seemed weak and there were few games on the PS3. I think the h8 should all be over now as the PS3' beginning to take off and it seems it's defeating the X360 one firmware update at a time.

Around the Network

It is passionate fan boys fighting out console wars on the forums. No harm in some friendly banter on the forums.

KBG29 said:
I agree with you 100%. PS3 and 360 are both great syatems. I have owned both since their respective launches and enjoyed both of them. The PS3 is obviously my favorite between the two, but I wish both success. The only reason I get a little upset sometimes is because IMO the PS3 is the best value on the market. So to me if people are only going to get one HD console, PS3 is the best option. When it does not go this way I really feel bad for people, because I don't think some of them understand exatcly what they are buying into.

The only console I hate is the Wii. I think PS3/360 fanboys trying to prevent sales to the other console need to stop, and think about the bigger picture. Even though I perfer to see people choose PS3, I would rather see them pick up a 360 than a Wii. So far this gen I have played Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Kung Fu Panda, Metriod 3, and a few other lesser projects on the Wii. Only the two Wii titled games offered somthing I can not get from PS3 or 360. Even most of the stuff on thouse two games could easly be outdone with the Sixaxis.

From my experiance the Wii has added nothing to this generation that the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube were not capable of last gen. In fact Eyetoy Play was everything Wii sports/play is. I have never been a fan of being happy with were things are. Progress is a must, and it should not be an option to perform otherwise. Wii is otherwise. It does not have a quantum leap in any area of gaming, be it controls, graphics, online, or playability. PS3/360 should be hailed by all HD fans. We should be working together to make sure we continue to move forwards.

I agree with this as well.  The two competing consoles is a good thing for gamers and devs as it's keeping HD gaming afloat.

Wii is kind of like the original Xbox to me.  Last generation, the GC and PS2 both offered what I wanted, while the Original Xbox had 2 games that I really wanted that wasn't also available on other consoles or PC (DOA and Ninja Gaiden).  On the Wii, I like Brawl and SMG.  Even there, Melee is good enough for me so I just pop it into my Gamecube.

Most of the PS3 hate came from delays, beginning of generation arrogance, and weak early line-up.  360 hate came from reliability, Xbox Live fees, and people not liking MS in their monopolistic business practices in OS and Office app markets.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.