By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN review: Valkyria Chronicles 9.0/10

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
Neat. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Did you end up playing the demo?

Yeah... quite a bit as seen by previous post.  That's why i preordered it actually.  I was going to get it day 1 anyway.... but i only preorder the games I "really" want... because otherwise.... why take the extra trip to the store.

Which actually i did anyway... since i bought PS3 mostly because it was coming out... but the demo made me figure "maybe I could spend an extra 60 on top of all that early even if it will make my bank account lower then i want.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:

Yeah... quite a bit as seen by previous post.  That's why i preordered it actually.  I was going to get it day 1 anyway.... but i only preorder the games I "really" want... because otherwise.... why take the extra trip to the store.

Which actually i did anyway... since i bought PS3 mostly because it was coming out... but the demo made me figure "maybe I could spend an extra 60 on top of all that early even if it will make my bank account lower then i want.

Where'd ya pre-order? I got an art book with mine at Gamestop.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:

Where'd ya pre-order? I got an art book with mine at Gamestop.

Gamecrazy, I know a guy, that knows a guy who owns the place, and i hate gamestop.  They said they didn't get the artbooks in yet and expected to get them with the games. 

Which if they did and pulled a shady move... i don't care that much.

Why look at the artbook when i could be playing the game.

It troubles me though that they made EXP growth uniform over the whole unit... even though it benefits me.

Other then that i haven't had any complaints, other then the overhead map.  I would of given the units "line of sight" and made all the units invisible unless your soldiers can see them, causing a bit of a cat and mouse and allowing you to shoot and hide and duck behind stuff back and forth.

But that's just minor nitpicking from my wanna be designer side.

I see. It's fair enough.

I have my art book from the pre order, and it's nice.

outlawauron said:
I see. It's fair enough.

Yeah, if i get it i mean i'll be happier, but i won't lose much sleep over it.

All an all this is looking to be my next "Front Mission 3" game.  A game i just play over and over again.

Which i'm overdue for playing FM3 again.

I put it in my PS3 to play but then i realized it was the scratched up copy i had not the new one i got to replace it.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
I see. It's fair enough.

All an all this is looking to be my next "Front Mission 3" game.  A game i just play over and over again.

I put it in my PS3 to play but then i realized it was the scratched up copy i had not the new one i got to replace it.

Is FM3 any good?

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
I see. It's fair enough.

Is FM3 any good?

Front Mission 3 is my favorite PS1 game that originated as a PS1 game.  It was the game that made up the bitter disapointment that was FF7.

It's one of my top SRPGs in general.

Looks like another game I wanna get is getting high scores, but I probably wont be able to get it.

^_^

I'm going to end up spending nearly 200 dollars in games in the next two weeks. I'll be buying Fallout 3, Valkyria chronicles, and Resistance 2. I actually saved money for this season when I saw how much was coming out.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
I'm going to end up spending nearly 200 dollars in games in the next two weeks. I'll be buying Fallout 3, Valkyria chronicles, and Resistance 2. I actually saved money for this season when I saw how much was coming out.

Oh, I haven't gotten Fallout! I just spent $140 getting LBP, Star Ocean 1, and Red Alert 3 too! $60 on Valkyria and another $80 on the Fallout Collectors......