By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cnet: How Sony is Killing the PS3

nothing is hurting the ps3 except the people who write articles as such as sales prove it. Yes, ps3 is in the last place right now and to dense consumers, they think this is it for them but in reality a system that costs so damn much is doin relatively well for itself. It is outpacing 360's past reccords with a higher price and less exclusives. You g2a take some risks to meet its rewards. That's the first lesson in a business class. That is what they are doing right now. Keeping it high and still outselling or matching the xbox 360 without any price cuts. The price will obviously and eventually go down and u'll see those 100 million ps2 users jump on the opportunity and with a 10 year plan what are they suppose to do? follow microsoft and give everything they got in its 3rd year in the life cycle. Where else can microsoft go with its price without losing money and the wii will soon stop selling well. And the only company with options of price cuts and such to gain momentum will be sony. my mistake this is sony's second year in its lifecycle and already all the hate 8 more years to go and you cud bet ur loved ones this company will make this system a success.

Around the Network

This is getting so out of hand. All of these sites that were set on the failure of the PS3 are now taking it personaly that the thing is doing well. The attacks from these people are even worse than the attacks were back when PS3 was in a bad place. Now people are going out of their way to try and sway people away from the PS3, and that is wrong. I know we have freedom of speech in America so these places like CNN, Cnet, MSNBC, and the rest can say whatever they want. It is just really sad when they have all teamed up on Sony, and they are trying to turn the name into somthing bad.

This world is really getting messed up. No one has any morals anymore. People no longer care about quality. Parents are failing at raisng their children. The govenment is in a seemingly unescapable whole. When is this going to stop? I know most people in this world want this to end, and would love for the world to work as one. We should be educating the young, and trying to avoid these problems, but instead adults are failing. They only care about themselves, and are ignoring the youth of the world. Placing all of their problems on these innocent children. This is causeing the youth of the world to fire back, and I am scraed to see what is going to happen in the next 20 years. When these drug dealing, back stabing, lazy mooching, irresponsable kids become adults.

I know this is taking the artical a little far and people trashing the Sony name is a very little part of this, but it is related. If the people of this world can not learn to work together and stop hating eachother things are going to get worse.

Michael Jackson was right. Adults are ruining the world. People are growing old and getting less and less mature. Loosing their creativeness and love for the world. Humanity has become a pethetic failure.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I love xbox 360 more than ps3 but even I can clearly see that the guy who wrote this article is a moron! He is just trying to create some kinda lobby to pressure Sony for price decrease, which cannot be a solution to Sony.

PS3 price is set at $400 and it has to stay like that for about 1 year or so till Sony is able to decrease the production costs further. I believe the price will drop to $300 within 1 year or so, which is the right price for the console.

They can't price it at $300 now though, because they will lose even more money on each console and they will sell even more consoles, which is untolerable. They can't possibly recuperate this kind of loss. Being in the business is not about market share in essence, its about profitability.

I have no doubt that PS3 will eventually pass Xbox 360 but it may take longer than 1 year, probably somewhere in 2010. However if PS3 hits 300 mark, it will gain a lot of ground and this process will be a lot quicker.

Actually PS3 is a great disappointment and it shouldnt have a Blu-ray Drive in the first place, then it would be priced like $400 in the beginning and dropping its price to $300 or after 1 year or so. Then it would be much more profitable with a much higher market share. It wouldnt also lose many of its exclusives due to reverse snowball effect.

However, PS3 is still going to be a success. Because PS3 is slowly gaining ground. The sales are in an increasing trend without price cut, there are more games produced, there are better functionalities, the graphics are coming on par with 360 (used to be worse) and even better on some 1st party games, and it has several exclusive (and for many people) must-buy games like all Naughty Dog and Insomniac games. I'll definitely buy PS3, but when it hits $300 and there are more varity of games.

thanks for reading :)

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

KBG29 said:
This is getting so out of hand. All of these sites that were set on the failure of the PS3 are now taking it personaly that the thing is doing well. The attacks from these people are even worse than the attacks were back when PS3 was in a bad place. Now people are going out of their way to try and sway people away from the PS3, and that is wrong. I know we have freedom of speech in America so these places like CNN, Cnet, MSNBC, and the rest can say whatever they want. It is just really sad when they have all teamed up on Sony, and they are trying to turn the name into somthing bad.

This world is really getting messed up. No one has any morals anymore. People no longer care about quality. Parents are failing at raisng their children. The govenment is in a seemingly unescapable whole. When is this going to stop? I know most people in this world want this to end, and would love for the world to work as one. We should be educating the young, and trying to avoid these problems, but instead adults are failing. They only care about themselves, and are ignoring the youth of the world. Placing all of their problems on these innocent children. This is causeing the youth of the world to fire back, and I am scraed to see what is going to happen in the next 20 years. When these drug dealing, back stabing, lazy mooching, irresponsable kids become adults.

I know this is taking the artical a little far and people trashing the Sony name is a very little part of this, but it is related. If the people of this world can not learn to work together and stop hating eachother things are going to get worse.

Michael Jackson was right. Adults are ruining the world. People are growing old and getting less and less mature. Loosing their creativeness and love for the world. Humanity has become a pethetic failure.

Well its the media in general. When the product is on top for so long the only thing the media wants the most is for it to lose its place and when it does kick it while its down. Thats the motto of media , just look at brittney. The media does it just to get views and thats exactly what cnet is doing

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

quadruple post.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Over 75% of consoles in the previous generation were sold for $199 or less, and regardless of whether Sony drops the price today or in 1 year there is little chance that the PS3 will be $199 or less before holiday 2010 ...

The days of the PS3 being a cost competitive console ended when Sony came to the conclusion that people would get a second job to buy the PS3. At this point in time Sony really has to focus on making the PS3 worth the added cost by developing a large library of exclusive games that show off the benefit of HD consoles ...

Looking forward to articles after Christmas PS3 sales. =)
This one FAIL.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I won't bother reading sony is not killing the ps3.

Again?? And I thought the last article was trash...

4 ≈ One

it selling okay but with a price cut it would be totally owning.

i hope markets recovers quickly so that pricecut can come sooner.