By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony on PS3 price: We've a business to run

Sony is doing fine,they do NOT need a price drop,they are already losing lots of money on each console sold....

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Sony is doing fine,they do NOT need a price drop,they are already losing lots of money on each console sold....

NOO NOT THIS SINGATURE!!!

Take my love, take my land..

aavidbacon said:
That´s stupid, since they need the userbase to make profit and atract more devs towards the plataform. They should cut prices as soon as possible. A $50 cut rigth now would garantee a userbase big enough to assure easy mln sellers, like x360. The x360 userbase is big enough to garantee that any game half good reaches 1mln very fast. That´s a garantee of profit to devs and MS. Off course the fanboys here in the site are interested in the HD war, but the price cut is not only interesting for us, but for Sony too, it would assure the success of the plataform. If PS3 reaches 70-90 mln LTD, is a commercial sucess, even if the PS2 was better. At least they could make a profit out of it. As it is, they can risk reaching only 40-50 mln LTD and never get at least the R&D money back.

the goal is to make money, not file bankruptcy

I had foreseen this!!!

Serious: I would expect them to say that. SONY's gonna probably hold that price until then end of this fiscal year the least. That's what I think anyway...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Sony has a business to run but people have families to feed. It is hard times and Sony will find out people will opt to save the 100 dollars.

@saxophonehero
I know, but you have to spent money to make money, as they say.
At each PS3 sold they earn money, on Blu discs, on peripherals, on games(duh), on PSN. So they need to sell more Ps3. Is that simple. Face it like a Cell phone company pratically giving cell phones in order to secure a user base(they do that in Brasil, I don´t know if they do it in other places). In the future, they will probably manufacture the pS3 at a cheap cost and sell it at a profit, but rigth now they need to sell software to cover costs and that require HW.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Financial wise Microsoft are winning.
FACT: bigger company always beats smaller Company.
If Microsoft drops their price again then I believe that Sony will do the same.