By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony on PS3 price: We've a business to run

God honestly I mean the longer someone waits the better the product is going to be come right. The people who can't afford right now; wait the PS3 will only continue to improve...

Around the Network
swearitsoul said:
God honestly I mean the longer someone waits the better the product is going to be come right. The people who can't afford right now; wait the PS3 will only continue to improve...

While this is normally the case, the 60GB launch PS3 is much better that the current 80GB PS3.

Soriku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
SmokedHostage said:
Shareholders > Consumers...

Sounds familar

Wow, what a pathetic post.

Start a business giving away free food all day long and see how long it lasts.

Sony is focusing on paying the bills and cutting losses which is exactly what they need to do if they want to convince those shareholders to invest in another Playstation game console.

That's a pretty dumb comparison for Sony. Giving away food for free is one thing, but a company that's trying to make money is something else. Well yeah of course the "shareholders > consumers" thing isn't in ALL cases but you're comparing two completely different things. Executions are too different. So, for a company like Sony, shareholders > consumers.

OT: Yeah as I expected. Can't believe people believed in a price cut when they were finally starting to make money off the PS3.

Think harder Soriku.

If you only think about the consumers and not yourself (stockholders), then the extreme of that is giving away your product to your own detriment which is exactly what Sony has been doing with the PS3.  The analogy isn't too far if you can make that mental leap.

you guys took my comment too seriously.. 1 point for me, 0 points for Soriku and Words of Wisdom.

Pixel Art can be fun.

FIGHT!

FINISH HIM!

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Why should Sony cut prices right now? They are certainly going to outsell the 360 for the calender year of '08, and are keeping up with the competition, even though the competition is half the price. They have a great holiday game line up and the PS3 will sell fine this Christmas. The price cut will come soon enough, probably sometime around spring.

Personally, I think they should leave the price alone and cut the price of there games to $45 us dollars. I have a 60 gig launch and I have spent way more on games than the $600 on the console. I doubt this would ever happen, however.

That with a price cut an a wkc bundle I would have get a ps3.

It'll be a long time b4 PS3 gets a price cut.

Just like every other company in the world. They are in business to make money and not lose it. Especially, in the new economic climate it is obvious there is more a focus to turn profits.

Sony will be fine. Their brand names "Sony" and "PlayStation" will sell enough for them to get by...

WiiStation360 said:
I have been saying this for months. A $100 price cut, like people have been calling for, would be a financial disaster for Sony. They would sell an extra 1m consoles this holiday, but lose $600 million in the process.

Is that the same reason Sony isn't supporting 3rd party companies anymore?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.