By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Microsoft previews Windows 7 UI (Vista 2.0)

ymeaga1n said:
ssj12 said:
thank you M$ for another OS no one will give a damn about because it looks like crap and probably works like crap too.

Care to elaborate on your OPINION. Or should we just take it as a opinion of a bitter anti-"m$" lunatic? I frankly do give a damn about it. As are the 90% of people in the future that are likely to be using the OS.

It looks better than any previous windows. And if you had actually done some research on it rather than just judging it from the pictures you would know the new taskbar is way more useful.

ok

1. This OS will obviously be a resource hog like Vista. This will make it so that most general PC buyers wont get proper performance off a PC purchased at WalMart or any other supplier for under $500.

1a. This was also an issue for businesses with Vista due to the fact they had to buy new PCs.

2. Just like Vista the PC users who have an understanding will only upgrade if there is an obvious need to move up or if software available for the platform is good like XP's.

3. Will it have as many issues as Vista. While this remains to be seen, Vista was well known to have hardware and software compatibility issues due to Microsoft's inability to push out proper programming SKUs for developers even after launch.

4. Visually the GUI is not appealing as say XP is. Looking at it you see many shape edges and boxes that makes things look uninviting to use.

5. While Microsoft is adding new features, stolen yet again from Apple, the general PC users from both XP and Vista will have to relearn the operating system's features due to the fact that the OS's friendliness is lowered another notch for each new feature added.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Looks cool.

What Vista should have been.

ssj12 said:

3. Will it have as many issues as Vista. While this remains to be seen, Vista was well known to have hardware and software compatibility issues due to Microsoft's inability to push out proper programming SKUs for developers even after launch.

Your other points are utter garbage but this one is worthwhile to comment on as much was "thrown out" and left in the cold in the move from XP to Vista.  The move from Vista to Windows 7 should not face the same magnitude of problems meaning that Vista's biggest fault will not be a problem in this transition.

Lol.

Looks like a long lost brother of KDE 4.1.

Even the file browser looks very similar.

With a whole bunch of transparency and other shiny effects like that, it's probably going to be a resource hog just like vista unless they can trim down the back end stuff a lot. 

I wonder how win7 will run games...because if it doesn't run them better than XP, I'm not interested

halogamer1989 said:
Midori.

I can't stop laughing. Microsoft will never dump native Win32 compatibility as long as they make Windows. And don't say .NET either.

Around the Network
epsilon72 said:

Lol.

Considering Vista was released in 2006 and KDE4 was released (stable) at the beginning of this year, I wonder who borrowed from who. ^_^

Still, both look bland in terms of pretty-ness next to something running Beryl.

Words Of Wisdom said:
epsilon72 said:

Lol.

Considering Vista was released in 2006 and KDE4 was released (stable) at the beginning of this year, I wonder who borrowed from who. ^_^

Still, both look bland in terms of pretty-ness next to something running Beryl.

Yeah, I realized that after posting the pics.   I don't use Vista all that often so that wasn't the first thing that came to mind. 

Beryl is definitely at the forefront of "desktop shinies" though.

epsilon72 said:

Lol.

Even the file browser looks the same.

I'll post some pics when I get home and can get on my main computer (the one that has KDE 4.1.2 installed)

With a whole bunch of transparency and other shiny effects like that, it's probably going to be a resource hog just like vista unless they can trim down the back end stuff a lot.

I was just thinking the same thing when I saw it lol. Aaron Seigo will be proud

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

ssj12 said:
ymeaga1n said:
ssj12 said:
thank you M$ for another OS no one will give a damn about because it looks like crap and probably works like crap too.

Care to elaborate on your OPINION. Or should we just take it as a opinion of a bitter anti-"m$" lunatic? I frankly do give a damn about it. As are the 90% of people in the future that are likely to be using the OS.

It looks better than any previous windows. And if you had actually done some research on it rather than just judging it from the pictures you would know the new taskbar is way more useful.

ok

1. This OS will obviously be a resource hog like Vista. This will make it so that most general PC buyers wont get proper performance off a PC purchased at WalMart or any other supplier for under $500.

1a. This was also an issue for businesses with Vista due to the fact they had to buy new PCs.

Was demonstrated running on a netbook with 1gb of ram with only 512 in usage. Worked great.

2. Just like Vista the PC users who have an understanding will only upgrade if there is an obvious need to move up or if software available for the platform is good like XP's.

It comes with the PC, old one gets slow so buy a new one with this preinstalled. Microsoft can't invent a need for people to upgrade.

It will work with Vista drivers, and they are hard at work ensuring compatibility.

4. Visually the GUI is not appealing as say XP is. Looking at it you see many shape edges and boxes that makes things look uninviting to use.

Subjective.

5. While Microsoft is adding new features, stolen yet again from Apple, the general PC users from both XP and Vista will have to relearn the operating system's features due to the fact that the OS's friendliness is lowered another notch for each new feature added.

Most users will find the I.E and mail icons where they left them last.

@ Epsilon, I know you wanna give up the free "crap" and go with the number 1 OS maker in the world by volume of sales!!!!

JKJKJKJK Btw hows the Linux/games thing going?

Tease.

Is W7 a fully 64bit OS with 32-bit aplications emulation or is it same as Vista?

If it's 64bit i'm moving on it the moment it gets out (or after SP1 if it proves to be really buggy)

Also hope it's skinnable - MS is going in right direction, but those gadgets look fugly, and window design also isn't my cup of tea.