By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP ranked 15th ALL- TIME on Gamerankings !!

Onyxmeth said:
shio said:
leo-j said:
@shio

oh it proves nothing/sarcasm

Spore has far better sharing and building than LBP. The gameplay itself is just 1/3 of Spore (which is still more varied than LBP's)

I don't understand why you're even comparing the two. Other than the aspect of it having user generated content, Spore and Little Big Planet are nothing alike.

Shio can't allow threads to be made without proclaiming his love for all things PC, regardless of the lack of logic that posting might entail.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
shio said:
leo-j said:
@shio

oh it proves nothing/sarcasm

Spore has far better sharing and building than LBP. The gameplay itself is just 1/3 of Spore (which is still more varied than LBP's)

I'm someone who likes neither game, but in all honestly spore is pretty dull after the first day, while LBP continues to get better after first day.  Spore is a cluster of ideas that just didn't work well in the end.

The cluster of ideas did work well Imo.

What many don't get is that the game is supposed to represent the different stages of evolution of a species crossed with a god's perspective. It touches the issue of "intelligent design", a theory contructed by a few believers of a higher being, that supports the idea of God himself designing life and the various creatures that populate the world rather than leaving the species' evolution to their own fate. By giving the player the role of god the games gives you freedom to design your species any way you want to, which further strengthens the consistency of the idea behind it.

There are 4 main "issues" that reviewers said:

1) Initial stages too easy, space stage too hard - This has already been fixed with a patch.

2) Stages too independent of each other - This is wrong because every decision you make in each stage impacts on your creature and you will get extra specialization in the next stages. Some reviewers just didn't notice that you get extra specialization after you complete a stage (I barely noticed it too, when the game calculates your alignment).

3) Too much freedom in the editor - Another stupid statement, because in the game it's supposed to exist a god (the player) which can impact a creature's design anyway he wants to, especially since Spore is a game that promotes creativity and there MUST be freedom to make the most of your imagination.

4) Too little gameplay elements - Spore has 5(!) different stages, alot of gameplay variety and with the first 4 stages supposed to only be played for a few hours, which is good for casual gaming, and establish a motto for the game. The "real" game starts in the last stage, which is brilliant and so big that you could lose dozens of hours in it. Everything in the space stage is so great.

Beautiful. I wanna see it go higher instead of drop... and I think that's possible...

4 ≈ One

It deserves it,

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

But this game only sold 164k first week.

;)