By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eternal Sonata bombed, 10k 1st week(NA).

I really start wondering where the PS2 JRPG fans are.

Around the Network

Wow, it sold less than Disgaea 3!

BengaBenga said:

I'm, here, Valkyria Chronicles will be mine tomorrow!

If they would have done what capcom did with lost planet (releasing at 39.99) it would have been tempting to purchase, but at full price and with the releases of lbp, r2, vc, mspr,sofd, etc there is not a chane that i would purchase it.

If it came with an Eternal Sonata pillow case, I would have been sold. Come on Namco, whoever does promotions should get fired. Pillow case, a game about dreams, it makes sense!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Year old port releasing around this time? fail.

WKC will prove if PS3 can shift JRPGs not some year old port of a mediocre game >_>

axumblade said:
BengaBenga said:

Most of them play World of Warcraft now....or at least 11 million of them. ;)

Since when is that a JRPG?

I meant that I don't have a clue which console the PS2-JRPG lovers now have. It's clearly not the PS3, otherwise ES would have sold much better, despite being a year old port. But they also don't massively adopt 360, since those JRPGs sold well, but not on a PS2 level. I doubt they're on Wii, since they have yet to get their first JRPG.

They can't have just vanished, since JRPG gamers are pretty core.

oh that's a disaster

Eternal Sonata bombed in NA sales but overall its done okay.

60k isn't the best but remember the game will continue to sell and it hasn't been released in PAL regions yet (where it should sell 50k+ lifetime)... ohh and the 360 version has sold 250k + PAL region sales...

In the end i blame the publisher for handling the release so poorly.

1) Its a year late
2) Its full price
3) Bioshock 2 weeks ago, Dead Space last week, LittleBigPlanet this week, Motorstorm 2 next week, Resistance 2, CoD:WaW, Valkyrie Chronicles all around the corner...

If the game had of been released in September OR early October than it would of sold better... but now it has too much competition -- how many people have the money to buy all the upcoming games they want. And then of them how many have to the time to play all those games.