By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Week 1 Sales (NA) -- 164K -- Good or Bad??

starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
The way these things generally work is if one big chain (in this case EB) breaks street date, the others do within hours as well.

Sorry, but it looks like LBP is anything but huge.

Certainly not a bomb, but PS3 fanboys need to move onto the next saviour (unless LBP does something MONSTROUS in EU).

Did you miss the whole recall fiasco?  Or are you being sarcastic?  :S

And streets dates are only broken regularly in Europe.  In NA, at best you'll find a lone Toys R Us or Wal-mart breaking a street date on accident.

I did not.  But at the end of the day, it is clear that a large number of stores DID receive copies early and DID sell them.  Especially on Saturday.

That not withstanding, unless the game can double this weeks numbers next week, it will have failed to meet expectations.

And if it cannot triple this weeks numbers next week, it most certainly will NOT be HUGE!!!

Most people (or at list I) have claimed that the game will have excellent legs, and not necessarily a large opening week.

Around the Network
Fernando said:

I have read some comments in this site about LBP selling more than 10 millions... and I'm not lying...

And almost every store was selling the game since last weekend. Yes, even Wal-Mart...

Just a few hours ago we had a thread about how LBP was aparently sold out in his Wal-Mart (don't remember who made the threat).

Sorry, but this game will not sell like "pancakes at Ihop".

Ok thats complete bull$hit..

Im tired of this, a mod needs to close this thread.

mM
darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

lets not even talk about system sellers/saviours

I think everyone is being pretty nice about Fable 2 not being a system seller so far...

othewise usually we would've had a trollish thread saying "ZOMG Fable II not a system seller" by now....so don't ruin the peace :)

Er.... I dont think anyone claimed Fable 2 would be a system seller of any consequence.  Certainly I don't recall saying it would be myself.

In any case, contrary to expectations, Fable 2 actually WAS a system seller in Europe....

LBP is an entirely different case.  It has been hailed up and down as an epic system seller.  That one truly different game that no console has and which casuals will jump on.  That one brilliant community title that would be different to all the shooters and gimmicks this holiday season.  When the EU bundle was announced the internet shuddered under the weight of the collective PS3 fanboy orgasm.

And yet....no.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Euphoria14 said:
No Facepalm pics yet?

Do you think this is enough?(view image to see it full size). Seeing some posts here, I'm not sure it is

starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
The way these things generally work is if one big chain (in this case EB) breaks street date, the others do within hours as well.

Sorry, but it looks like LBP is anything but huge.

Certainly not a bomb, but PS3 fanboys need to move onto the next saviour (unless LBP does something MONSTROUS in EU).

Did you miss the whole recall fiasco?  Or are you being sarcastic?  :S

And streets dates are only broken regularly in Europe.  In NA, at best you'll find a lone Toys R Us or Wal-mart breaking a street date on accident.

I did not.  But at the end of the day, it is clear that a large number of stores DID receive copies early and DID sell them.  Especially on Saturday.

That not withstanding, unless the game can double this weeks numbers next week, it will have failed to meet expectations.

And if it cannot triple this weeks numbers next week, it most certainly will NOT be HUGE!!!

HAHAHA

I love how you say this like you know it is fact and have a spreadsheet of the numbers!

Around the Network

HOW on earth did people expect this kind of game to get 5M sales, I though this site was about making educated predictions. Look at Fable 2, 1M first week no problem because it is an RPG and that appeals to many people not just a few. When Killzone 2 releases I guarantee that it will be another million first week seller because it is a shooter, wide appeal.

Anyway VGChartz numbers are always a joke, never have they been right so I guess the guy who does them should become an analyst. For a game like this which has had a broken release date NPD numbers are the ones to wait for, they always are but most definitely for this case.

starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

I think everyone is being pretty nice about Fable 2 not being a system seller so far...

othewise usually we would've had a trollish thread saying "ZOMG Fable II not a system seller" by now....so don't ruin the peace :)

Er.... I dont think anyone claimed Fable 2 would be a system seller of any consequence.  Certainly I don't recall saying it would be myself.

In any case, contrary to expectations, Fable 2 actually WAS a system seller in Europe....

LBP is an entirely different case.  It has been hailed up and down as an epic system seller.  That one truly different game that no console has and which casuals will jump on.  That one brilliant community title that would be different to all the shooters and gimmicks this holiday season.  When the EU bundle was announced the internet shuddered under the weight of the collective PS3 fanboy orgasm.

And yet....no.

Yer absolutely right Starcraft.  I mean look at the EU sales, there was barely any boost with the LBP bundle, not to mention that there wasn't a single copy of LBP sold.  Obviously a flop in Others.

Sigh.....it's going to be a long week.

starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

And yet....no.

It isn't out in Europe until Nov. 5th. Why mention anything about a bundle in a territory is has not released in?

Did Zexen break the thread?

Edit - Nope, it just looked that way as I was posting this.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

freebird4 said:
Uhh, can you guys stop arguing, you have no idea what the significance of these stats actually are. So sit back, relax, shut up and WAIT.

geuss I'm the only one that agrees with you

CGI-Quality said:
Everyone: Let's wait till next week when the sales will be better tracked. Plus all we are doing is giving trolls, *cough Starcraft cough*, reasons to bash PS3 even though he has NO IDEA what he's talking about. Best we wait till next week peeps.

Its amazing.

People have already been banned and warned in this thread, and yet you get away with things like this.

The thread would not exist if a massive PS3 fan (Darth) didn't already feel that LBP's start is shaky.

A lot of people on these boards don't like me very much, but most agree that I am pretty well informed, regardless of whether they like what I have to say.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS