By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americans Numbers up!

c0rd said:
HappySqurriel said:

I think a lot of people don't ever consider where the saturation point for the HD consoles is ...

Right now, the HD consoles have sold to (roughly) 20% the total hardware sales of the previous generation and many (if not most) of the big games released for these consoles is selling at a similar level to what it sold in the previous generation. If you make the assumption that most gamers who own a PS3 or XBox 360 owned a previous generation console, and their game buying habits in this generation are similar to their buying habits in the previous generation, you have to start to wonder if they're hitting the limits of the "Core" gamers that they so heavily targeted.

I often wonder about this as well. If most of these users will not buy both consoles, it puts the PS3 in a bad position. Aren't the extra 360 sales Microsoft makes by cutting prices slowly eating away at the PS3's longterm hardware sales? I think an early saturation with the old core gamers would make it more likely for the 360 to hold onto its hardware lead, since the PS3's later years would suffer.

It's hard to say, really.

I doubt the PS3 will reach half the PS2's number before the next generation consoles start to show up.  That is instersting thought about the long term sales though... how many current PS2 owners are choosing the Xbox 360 over the PS3 may ultimately decided who is the winner of this generation in the HD market.  And some fail to understand how important the Xbox 360 and PS3 are in the overall scheme of things outside the console market and in the HDTVs and BR Players.

Around the Network

I was wondering when the Wii was going to get back up. The time is now, early Chrsitmas presents and an increase on Wii shipments seems to have done the trick. It should be hitting 40M in a blink of an eye.

What is with all the Banjo hate? LOL. Screw you guys, I am gonna get it. Maybe not, maybe a demo first. And Fable 2 did 700k in America in case anyone didn't know. That is from ioi.

Wii disintegrates the competition this week. It's simply amazing.

And I like to see people get so pissed and defensive about it xD

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

good xbox 360 number, NOV and DEC, also will be xbox 360 month compare to PS3

Around the Network
GTAIV08 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:

so u mean you would prefer the wii and ds simply on the fact that it sells more? and makes more profit for nintendo(profits non of which go into your back pocket)

im sorry i have to respectfully disagree with you

the wii  DOES offer to a different gaming crowd than ps3 and 360 do thats a fact, you will not see any gears or resistance or gt5 or forza 3 on wii ds, the greatest games on ps3 and 360, wii has nothing to match them. its a different crowd they cater for.

i wont post anything on this topic in this thread again. its finalized wii appeals to different gamers than ps3 and 360

I liked how you grouped the DS in with the Wii. They aren't both casual consoles. The DS has an amazing lineup of 3rd party games, premier amongst them, Dragonquest IX, and Chrono Trigger DS.

Anyway, you say that I can't care about Nintendo because I don't get those profits?

It seems to me that PS3 fans are very content with Sony dropping 3rd party support completely, and the excuse is "they can't afford it and make a profit." A profit which will end up in the pockets of Sony at the expense of everyone who owns a Playstation 3. They feel their brand name can coast them into a profit without having to support 3rd parties, a short term strategy, but either way, my point stands.

I am happy for the company. Still best developers and console makers in the world, despite 3rd partys descriminating against them because of graphics. Whatever games the platform has on it, I still love Nintendo games, and I still think the platform is as solid as they come.

Either way, NIntendomination is here, and it's not going away. You think the Wii was a bad move....a failure...? I think that's insane. The Wii has been the largest success Nintendo has ever had...except for the DS.

Nintendo's only mistake has been creating the two best selling videogame devices at the same time, and not being able to make them fast enough.

You still hope beyond hope that the PS3 will beat the Wii because of some mythical 10 year lifecycle? Hang on to that hope.

stop talking out of your ass! no ones going to even bother reading all that shit and besides, how the hell do you write so much?

You've been banned for posts like this before...

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:

so u mean you would prefer the wii and ds simply on the fact that it sells more? and makes more profit for nintendo(profits non of which go into your back pocket)

im sorry i have to respectfully disagree with you

the wii  DOES offer to a different gaming crowd than ps3 and 360 do thats a fact, you will not see any gears or resistance or gt5 or forza 3 on wii ds, the greatest games on ps3 and 360, wii has nothing to match them. its a different crowd they cater for.

i wont post anything on this topic in this thread again. its finalized wii appeals to different gamers than ps3 and 360

I liked how you grouped the DS in with the Wii. They aren't both casual consoles. The DS has an amazing lineup of 3rd party games, premier amongst them, Dragonquest IX, and Chrono Trigger DS.

Anyway, you say that I can't care about Nintendo because I don't get those profits?

It seems to me that PS3 fans are very content with Sony dropping 3rd party support completely, and the excuse is "they can't afford it and make a profit." A profit which will end up in the pockets of Sony at the expense of everyone who owns a Playstation 3. They feel their brand name can coast them into a profit without having to support 3rd parties, a short term strategy, but either way, my point stands.

I am happy for the company. Still best developers and console makers in the world, despite 3rd partys descriminating against them because of graphics. Whatever games the platform has on it, I still love Nintendo games, and I still think the platform is as solid as they come.

Either way, NIntendomination is here, and it's not going away. You think the Wii was a bad move....a failure...? I think that's insane. The Wii has been the largest success Nintendo has ever had...except for the DS.

Nintendo's only mistake has been creating the two best selling videogame devices at the same time, and not being able to make them fast enough.

You still hope beyond hope that the PS3 will beat the Wii because of some mythical 10 year lifecycle? Hang on to that hope.

lulz

Not buying exclusives != dropping third party support completely.

95% of all third party 360 titles are also released on the ps3, including many of Microsoft's faux "exclusives" like Eternal Sonata and Bioshock.  Meanwhile, Sony makes plenty of their own exclusives, games that will never go multiplat.

Relying predominantly on third parties, the path Microsoft has taken, is not a good strategy, because at best you'll negotiate a year of timed exclusivity, and sometimes as little as six months.  Hell, even one month like Rock Band 2.

And either way, both consoles are getting the lionshare of support from third parties (or at least Western developers), and that will continue to happen until the Wii starts selling more copies of Madden, Star Wars, etc. than a console with half the userbase, let alone more than both consoles combined.

Smashed said:
kirby007 said:
Smashed said:
kirby007 said:
Smashed said:
ultimate_123 said:
Wii numbers in a week are more than how much PS3/360 have on average sold in US this year! 360 still outselling PS3 by a strong 24K.

Have you forgotten that the PS3 is 200$ more then the 360? 24K is terrible.

for once stop comparing it with the arcade only

Either way, the PS3 is still much more expensive then the 360.

either way the xbox360 outsold the ps3 once again

I seriously don't understand the mods around here, you make biased topics and you never get banned, stop sucking M$ cock all the time.

He has been banned many times before.  And your use of language is completely unwarranted.  Don't flame other users.

WOW just WOW at Wii

Can the Wii be stopped, looks like Christmas is going to be good to Nintendo.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com