By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest Super Mario Galaxy impressions - too awesome...

Mario 64 is made for a joystick, A, B, and Z buttons...those are the ones you need the most. I played Ocarina of Time: Master Quest on Gamecube, and it felt fine.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
MrMarc said:
TWRoO said:
reading this is pushing me toward a purchase, i have never played a proper mario game before [mario games i have are MK64 and MK:DD]as i am not that interested in platformers usually, i might get SM64 on VC to judge whether to buy this.

That's the beauty of Mario games being the king of platformers, they're so wonderfully made and wholly intuitive. They're great fun from the start but before you know it you're absolutely immersed in finding every single nook and cranny you can - very addictive.

SM64 is a very worthy purchase from VC

thanks, now i shall ask is it worth it to get VC over an N64 cart, because so far i have bought 4 VC games; 1.sonic which is great, especially as i can use the remote instead of gc controller. 2. f-zero, which i am not that impressed with but at the time... 3. f-zero x wasnt there, so i got this when it did come out and its as great as ever [i sold my old copy] 4. lylat wars. which is good, but im not so keen on the conversion of controls to gc. i think what im asking is [after a bit of a rant] is it as good converted to the gc controller? or should i get N64 version... or even mario sunshine, though people seem to say its not great.

If you already have an N64 then get the cartridge in my opinion, I actually (because of SMG) just finished playing through it again and collecting all 120 stars. The game is still fun as hell and while the graphics (specifically the AA) was annoying at first for me, once i got into the action I didn't even notice it anymore...gotta love solid gameplay overiding poor graphics. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Thanks bk, [hope you don't mind 'bk'...i wrote it so i wouldn't have to spend time typing /irony]
i played LoZ:OoT and MQ on GC too, and i did find playing the ocarina a tad frustrating at time, but SM sounds simpler.

off to the store to buy more points.

Mario 64 on VC for the most part actually uses the same controller setup as Super Mario Sunshine for this one in particular I'd recommend using a Gamecube pad for it on VC.

Meh wants it.... NOW.

Why shouldn't i freeze myself like cartman did ? ;)

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------