By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest Super Mario Galaxy impressions - too awesome...

Hey ckmlb, can you explain to us what the 'retarded' coop plays like? See im struggling to why you can state that it is retarted lest you have already played it? Personally i think it may be a nice touch, an added feature that distracts your attention away from the main game every now and then. Its not designed to be an integral part of the play, merely an added benefit of it. Thats like being given a free £10 note and complaining that its not very much.

But yeah, just angers me when comments like that are made.

Games i'm currently playing:

Around the Network

reading this is pushing me toward a purchase, i have never played a proper mario game before [mario games i have are MK64 and MK:DD]as i am not that interested in platformers usually, i might get SM64 on VC to judge whether to buy this.

i thnk by retarded he means that all the other person does is block stuff and move stuff ie isnt another character in the game side by side with you.

But i liek how they giving people options ie a gamer playing with say his grandma or grandpa, is the whole idea of this retarded coop mode.

I think nintnedo got this idea from EA hwo they doing multi control schemes for their sports games. For beginners were the players all move for you and you jsut do gestures and also for gamers who wnat to do all the running around. This is in FIFA.

also in the new medal of honor game. On the rails for beginners casual gamers and for gamers you move around controls.

I liek the Way EA are thinkign about this. Cause i sure as hell know my mum had difficulty playing a snes and that was very few buttons lol. Gestures for casuals is the way to go and automating movents. This move will get those peopel who hated gaming cause they were noobs at controls actually playing games and enjoying themself.

tabsina said:
Agreed.

*Waits for Freeloader Wii*

Double-triple agreed. Luckily this game is coming out in 2007, but a Freeloader to play Brawl this year would be nice. I just hope Nintendo won't include system updates that make it useless with future games. =/

TWRoO said:
reading this is pushing me toward a purchase, i have never played a proper mario game before [mario games i have are MK64 and MK:DD]as i am not that interested in platformers usually, i might get SM64 on VC to judge whether to buy this.

That's the beauty of Mario games being the king of platformers, they're so wonderfully made and wholly intuitive. They're great fun from the start but before you know it you're absolutely immersed in finding every single nook and cranny you can - very addictive.

SM64 is a very worthy purchase from VC 

Around the Network

I wouldn't be risking importing Smash especially if it's online and they 'region lock' it like Mario Strikers... if you have the US version Online play would be virtually un-usable because getting a good ping to the US from Europe or Australia is virtually impossible.

Some of you may not like the co-op mode, but I find it awesome. It means I can play the game with my girlfriend beside me, and have her engaged, even if the game is too hard for her to play alone. Once in a while, on an easier level maybe, we can switch, and I can still help her out. Not only that, but the task of pointing stuff up to help out is made a lot easier (just like the internet channel). This is the type of social gaming Nintendo is promoting, and quite honestly I love it.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
ckmlb said:
DonWii said:
twesterm said:
After more than 25 years of Mario, it would be nice to see him get the game of the year.

Well, 190M in series sales is nothing ot sneeze at. However, I agree.

35 games isn't something to sneeze at either.

This game looks amazing, this is a return to the roots of 3D Mario. The focus is back on platforming isntead of water gun shooting and hovering or whatnot. The idea of setting this in space really was a good step too.

The fact that this and Metroid Prime look good as they do visually really tells you people are being lazy while making Wii games.

40 Galaxies and 120 stars sounds great. The only thing I don't like is the retarded co-op mode but it doesn't really hinder how I'll be playing it so it doesn't matter.

I also like that they dropped the coin collection stuff from what I heard.

I'm excited to try the co-op mode, though I'm not completely sold that it will be good yet.  The main reason I really want to give it a go is because I think it's something I can get the girlfriend to play.  Usually I have to trick her to playa game (like putting the 360 controller in her hand as I run off when a Bomberman Live match starts) so it could be interesting.  

Exactly my point KruzeS. Its not for anyone to say that the co-op is retarded because the purpose of it isnt to distract away from the main game, its there as an added feature for those (such as yourself) who have the desire to use it.

Games i'm currently playing:

MrMarc said:
TWRoO said:

That's the beauty of Mario games being the king of platformers, they're so wonderfully made and wholly intuitive. They're great fun from the start but before you know it you're absolutely immersed in finding every single nook and cranny you can - very addictive.

SM64 is a very worthy purchase from VC 

thanks, now i shall ask is it worth it to get VC over an N64 cart, because so far i have bought 4 VC games; 1.sonic which is great, especially as i can use the remote instead of gc controller. 2. f-zero, which i am not that impressed with but at the time... 3. f-zero x wasnt there, so i got this when it did come out and its as great as ever [i sold my old copy] 4. lylat wars. which is good, but im not so keen on the conversion of controls to gc. i think what im asking is [after a bit of a rant] is it as good converted to the gc controller? or should i get N64 version... or even mario sunshine, though people seem to say its not great.