By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 will get higher metacritic score than Gears of war 2!

How many scores of perfect 100 for R2? 0.
How many scores of perfect 100 for GoW2? 6.

This contest is not even close.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

@bobo

Youre comparing co-op with a multiplayer mode? Desperate no? Then I suppose Left 4 Dead is the worse game ever since its just zombies and more zombies over and over again? The comment for Resistance 2 was just a slight comment on the fact that the co-op still felt the same as other co-ops, in spite of the 8 player addition.

Every game is the sum of its parts and it shows in the reviews. If they were fanboy reviews, the site will lose its readers. They are clearly not.

This just reminds me back in the day when I was choosing between a 360 or waiting to get a PS3. Once I saw the trailers/reviews for Resistance 1/Gears 1, it was clear that Gears 1 was the game to have and it made my holiday console choice. Resistance 2 seems to have improved on the formula, but Gears 2 is going to come up trumps again.

why is it when reviews come in and it doesnt match what people hope (good or bad) people call it fanboy reviews or they are picking on one system over another lol sad really.

Looks like somebody is going to get banned for a month.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

megaman2
Banned

Be careful what you wish for.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Wait so...who's subbing for the Sony leader? I say one of you Sony fighters make a thread and vote for your new temporary leader!

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

jesus kung fu magic said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Ronster316 said:
Best way to look at it right now is like this............... Gears of war 1 94%, Gears of war 2 (currently 95% and can change) vs Resistance 1 86%, resistance 2 (currently 91% and can change) I think that pretty much sums up who is the DADDY of shooters here.

Not only is Gears 2 owning both resistance 1 & 2 right now but Gears 1 is owning them both too.....................

Right now Gears is about to deliver the knockout blow, Can resistance come back? I personally doubt it.

Nice try resistance, see you in 2 years time when its Gears 3 vs resistance 3.

Bioshock = 96% :)

OOOO he bioshocked this thread. Honestly when you mention bioshock we should just close this thread because both these games no matter how good they are will never ever match bioshock. You know why we dont see bioshock comparisons (except ps3 360) is because bioshock can only be compared to no other game but itself

Bioshock isn't a FPS anymore than Gears 2 or Metroid Prime is.

It's a FPA.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CrazzyMan said:

What are reasons for Gears 2 getting 10s? Money or something else?

The game is innovative? Has great story? Then what???

You just have to play it to understand how great it is.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Not that review scores matter, but someone got owned today, and it wasn't Mccain. (That's tomorrow )

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Not that review scores matter, but someone got owned today, and it wasn't Mccain. (That's tomorrow )

The ownage has yet to begin. Saving that for the afterparty.

Also, I bet IGN over-rated R2 in order to be PC to the PS3 fans. Either that, or their reviewers are so incompetant or biased that they didn't correctly score the games they were playing.

There is no way in hell they both got the same score by coincidence, and IGN might end up with one of the highest ratings for R2, which isn't something they're known for.

....I think that with the sales figures and the review comparisons, this upcoming week might not be quite the way Sony fans hoped it would turn out.

NO NO, NO NO NO.