By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which major gaming site / community hates Wii the most?

Just about every forum community these days is totally anti Nintendo apart from VGChartz and sites like GoNintendo.

It's only a matter of time before this site becomes infested with idiots

Around the Network

Every site, Gamespot is the biggest.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Wii owners have to have somewhere to go without being bashed by "REAL GAMERS" who contantly question our preferences. Read anything about Wii Music and count how many times the following talking points come up on the page:

Wii is for babies
Wii is for grandmas
Wii is for soccer moms, who use it to attract dust
No true gamer has ever played Wii Music or Wii Fit. Ever.
People play Wii Sports for 5 minutes then throw the whole system away. Nobody has ever bought a game for Wii.
"Petz 2" and "Babiez" are the two best selling games on the system, and represent the game library as a whole.
Wii makes money, therefore the industry is doomed.

I was entertained by these topics for nearly 2 years, but I'm just tired of reading them now.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

GameFAQs might be another of those sites, done to the point where people in the Wii forum will not unanimously support Nintendo, and some people will actually HELP the trolls' with their argument.

I mean, what's the point of a Wii board if the users do not defend their console of choice to the death?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

GameInformer, easily.

Around the Network

from vdoesntforgive's link

"My thoughts exactly. Unless they were really that stupid, they'd realise what was going to happen and gert a few more factories to produce...they'll have the money."

Besides the fact that he can't spell get, I thought the problem of building more factories is common sense. How would this logic be acceptable, "Lets build a couple of factories to meet demand this christmas and then have them running at 70% for next year". If I have to explain it to anyone at this point, Nintendo is not going to build another factory if they are not sure they are going to utilize its full potential for quite a while. I thought everyone got past this paranoid "Nintendo is raising demand to increase the price on ebay" mentality. That doesn't even make sense; If someone sells the Wii on ebay for 1,000,000$, Nintendo only gets the retail profit.

I suppose I am posting this on the wrong forum.

Senlis said:
from vdoesntforgive's link

"My thoughts exactly. Unless they were really that stupid, they'd realise what was going to happen and gert a few more factories to produce...they'll have the money."

Besides the fact that he can't spell get, I thought the problem of building more factories is common sense. How would this logic be acceptable, "Lets build a couple of factories to meet demand this christmas and then have them running at 70% for next year". If I have to explain it to anyone at this point, Nintendo is not going to build another factory if they are not sure they are going to utilize its full potential for quite a while. I thought everyone got past this paranoid "Nintendo is raising demand to increase the price on ebay" mentality. That doesn't even make sense; If someone sells the Wii on ebay for 1,000,000$, Nintendo only gets the retail profit.

I suppose I am posting this on the wrong forum.

I wouldn't bother. Logic is not something that would normally compute with the community over there. Ignorance is their forté.

I am not keeping track of that. I just know for a fact that every multiplataform game are reviewed with a 10 to 20 default penalty points for the Wii version just because, its a Wii game.

There will always be people trolling different platforms. Late 2006-2007 the PS3 was the platform of choice to troll, around when the RROD debacle started breaking some of that shifted to the X360. More recently you have Wii trolling consisting of no games, too much shovelware, too many minigames, no third party games, etc. Since as Wii system owners you know that's not the case, stop caring what other people think about the systems you own and enjoy what you have.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

^But certainly that trolling has been there for a long time with regards to the Wii.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here