By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kim Jong-Il's son lines up French brain surgeon: report

TheRealMafoo said:
halogamer1989 said:
Mafoo and gomezc-- I thanks u for your service. To the rest of the folks who say that we should not be involved with fighting wars in other countries against terrorism, don't worry. Someone will stand up and Get Some any day of the week to defend against radicalism.

Thanks, but I was never in the service, I worked for 3 years at the Air Force Research Lab, and then 4 at the Air Force Test and Evaluation center. I was a contractor who helped design tools for the military, and put together wargaming efforts in order to test new equipment for our service men and women.

In this role, I got to meet thousands of military personnel, and feel honored to work on some systems that have saved peoples lives. We helped improve mine removal systems that military men would use to do humanitarian de-mining. When the Russians left Afghanistan, they left behind millions of mines. Our men go clear them so people (mostly kids) of foreign nations can live safer lives. I helped improve the tools for them.

When I worked with JEOD, we designed an entire suite of tools for removing IED's.

I was well paid. I do feel very proud that my efforts have helped our military personnel (and some of my designs have directly saved military lives), but never was I in harms way, or would I have ever been in a position to defend my country.

Gomezc on the other hand, will. Thank you for your service.

Oh, and a side note: in this thread a future lawyer and a future soldier debated about military personal and there place in the world. Only the soldier did it with class, respect, and character. 

As I would have expected.

Tb expected.  Calm, cool, and conservative always takes the prize :)

Around the Network

Maybe the two of you should get a room? Anyways, I find it laughable that you would label Akuma as insolent and crass. Perhaps you did that because he disagreed with you?

Jackson50 said:
Maybe the two of you should get a room? Anyways, I find it laughable that you would label Akuma as insolent and crass. Perhaps you did that because he disagreed with you?

Obviously if I don't have at least two flag lapelles on my shirt and three yellow ribbon stickers on the side of my car and one "Support the Troops" sticker on the back of my car, I am a shit-eating communist.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm amazed Kim Jong-il isn't dead already. To be honest I'm amazed he hasn't been shot by one of his own people.

Why do evil tyrants never die?

akuma587 said:
Jackson50 said:

Obviously if I don't have at least two flag lapelles on my shirt and three yellow ribbon stickers on the side of my car and one "Support the Troops" sticker on the back of my car, I am a shit-eating communist.

Lol, maybe you guys should get a room too.  jk (gotta be sensitive)

I'm sure we all have our opinions but agree that all our intentions are for the good of the country and the world.

I don't think there is a need for name-calling. 

either way, I'm sure obama will win the election and the country will go on. 

Like I always said, the Democrats and Republicans sleep together at night anyways.